Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Walker
    replied
    Evie, don't know why an emory board wouldn't work. Never thought about using one. The grit on emory cloth would probably last longer.
    Have a happy, healthy new Year. Mick.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    great tip evie! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• PiALaModem
    replied
    Another thing to watch out for is that these manufactured sanding strips don't work with every saw. The Delta clambing system in particular can't hold anything quite so thick due to its geometry. So if you have a Delta, don't go there.

Leave a comment:

• Mick Walker
    replied
    Bill, you can make your own sanders by cutting a strip of emory cloth 1/2" by 5", fold it in half lengthwise and "presto" you have a 1/4" sanding strip. Just clamp it in your saw. Make them any width and grit you like. I very seldom use a sanding strip, if you use the right blade, it will cut as smooth as any sander. Mick

Leave a comment:

• PiALaModem
    replied
    I used them for a little while but gave up on them. The ends only fit through relatively big holes and so for only doing a small part of the job they are too much trouble. I can imagine a case where they migh be useful if you have a long run to do of something that only has bigger cutouts in it.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    started a topic Scroll saw sanders

Scroll saw sanders

Scroll Saw Sanders.....

Have any of you tried or use this product? I have been satisfied with my needle files but have seen these advertised in several catalogs and wonder how they perform and of course do any of you use them.

Bill

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X