X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boogatoo
    replied
    I just recieved my blades from TuffTooth

Hi, I just received my band saw blades from Tufftooth Canada. http://www.tufftooth.com/. They sent me a catalog together with them. They are selling a log of other good stuff too. You should go on their site an make a free catalog request.
    Last edited by boogatoo; 12-11-2005, 08:29 PM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    boogatoo,

You are welcome and sorry i lead you astray i found bandsaw blades on their site...at least i thought I did. LOL

Anyway you found a source..so all is well

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Thanks JT, They do carry the right stuff, I just have to get a little less that 50 yards, but I will contact them and see what they can do

Leave a comment:

• jttheclockman
    replied
    I get all my sandpaper at www.industrialabrasives.com

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    There is a local shop here in Chilliwack that welds custom sized blades.
    I am sure many cities have them, Try looking under tools and tool repair in the yellow pages.
    Also try blade sharpening services. Heck you can even get a jig that will hold the blades while you braze or silver solder your own, although I am not that brave
    Besides my bandsaw is non functioning.
    I think I will steal the variable speed motor for something else....maybe my thickness sander

Speaking of which. I need a source of 8" x 25" sandpaper.
    I know I can buy 150 foot rolls but I will NEVER use that much.
    Any ideas out there.
    My thickness sander has a felt drum with two friction cams that clamp the paper.

Leave a comment:

• boogatoo
    replied
    I found a great site for band saw blades in Canada

Thanks wood-n-things.
    I went on the site you told about but seem not to have band saw blades. I continued my investigation to find out a real great canadian site:
    http://www.tufftooth.com/

They carry the complete line of Olsen's scroll saw blades as well and othe nice stuff.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    boogatoo,

Have you tried a google search for custom bandsaw blades canada?

Here is one I found.

Great Western Saw has cutting tools, router bits, saw blade, bandsaw blades, dado sets, chainsaw chains, & custom drilling available for online purchase. We are also a sharpening service with the same leading edge equipment used in the factory.

Address
    214 - 33rd Street W
    Saskatoon
    SK
    S7L 0V1
    Canada
    Telephone, fax and web
    Tel: 866 652 6858
    http://www.1blades.com

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• boogatoo
    started a topic Custom size blades

Custom size blades

For wood that is not so intricate, on very hard wood, It is often more convenient to use a band saw on some part of the project.

My 10" band saw (Ryobi SB1001SV) uses 67" blades. Standard 1/4" to 1/2" are easy to fing but I just can't find the 1/8" ones. I could order the Timber Wolf ones from the U.S. but with the currency exchange on parts and shipping +extra shipping fees because it is outside U.S. + custom fees, it add-up quite a bit.

1/8" is availble in many lenght but not in 67" (or so rearely that I can't find it).

Anyone knows where to get custom lenght blades in Canada?
    Last edited by boogatoo; 12-03-2005, 05:40 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X