Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelutong wood

Re: Jelutong wood

It helps if you tell where you are from, so people from your area can direct you accordingly. I would say that an internet purchase of such a piece of wood would come with a hefty shipping tag, so I would first look for a local (or semi local) company first.
    I Cut It Six Times And It's Still Too Short!!!

Comment

Do a google search of both 'hardwoods' and 'Carving woods' and you will find numerous places that sell jelutong, the difference will be quality and price...big differences in the prices!! Have heard jelutong is losing popularity because of a potential to have agent orange in it> Don't know where I read that? ???

Comment

Also read somewhere that that wood comes from Malasia so I would guess that it would be expensive.
        Colin

Comment

I bought a piece from Woodcraft, but can't remember if they had any in that size. It is a light weight wood so shipping wasn't too bad.

Comment

I have a piece that is about the size you mention, but it isn't light by any means. Also, mine was quite expensive. I had to cut mine off the end of a large plank and pay by the board foot.

I bought mine at the local furniture-grade wood store (not Home Depot or Lowe's, etc.). I think I just lucked into it. However, I have yet to put a knife to it....

Comment

I think Tux is cute.

Comment

Here's a link to one dealer on-line. No doubt there are others. I've bought various woods on eBay before, you might look there. I've never found the shipping to be so expensive as to make my purchase a bad deal, but you need to know what you're willing to pay up front.

http://www.righteouswoods.net/jelutong.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X