This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-cut box for the Tablesaw

With all the talk of tablesaws recently thought I'd share my plans for a cross-cut box for it. This makes cross-cutting much quicker, safer and makes for very accurate repeat cuts (think box sides). One word of caution....DO NOT attempt to rip pieces with it. I took a shortcut with a small piece once (ripping) even though I knew better and of course the wood pinched the blade, kicked back and thankfully I still have lightning reflexes and managed to get most of the way out of the way (it grazed my neck).
    Anyhow here goes -

Material listInstructions
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Great design! Thanks for sharing Kevin!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I will have to make one of those for my saw. Looks a lot safer than just using the factory miter that comes with the saw. I made one for 45 degree cuts some time back. But I still can't cut a good 45 miter cut with the jig or the radial arm saw.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
      Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
      One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Hi Kevin, the only thing I would add is a wide strip of plexiglass that would go over the blade from front to back of the jig. You can still see what you are doing but keep your fingers out off the blade.
        Alan and Rafi.

In our house, if you have to bend over to pet a dog it ain't a real dog!

Comment

Thanks Kevin. A solid design for a cross-cut sled. I agree with Alan about the piece of plexi or lexan to cover the blade path. I made one for myself when I first got my table saw and have almost worn it out with use. The next one will have two runners instead of only the one I put on the original.

george
          A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
          George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Jediscroller great job!
            Question:
            The Top Reinforcement Rails are they strong enough to hold the sled together when you need to take the whole thing off the table?

I surfed the web for weeks until I found this site.
            Super Sled - Crosscut and Miter Sled
            Kevin they have a great way to set up 45 degree cuts. I will be incorporating this into my sled soon.

Mentioned it here:
            http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/off-topic/22827.htm

VB...
            Tool of choice: DW 788, DW 735,

Aspire To Inspire Before You Expire.

If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

Originally posted by VB... View Post
              Jediscroller great job!
              Question:
              The Top Reinforcement Rails are they strong enough to hold the sled together when you need to take the whole thing off the table?

VB...
              VB,
              My apologies...I just now saw your question. I've been using the sled for a couple of years with no problems taking it on and off the saw. The rails are had maple.
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Thanks for the plans.Looks acurate.Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Jediscroller View Post
                  VB,
                  My apologies...I just now saw your question. I've been using the sled for a couple of years with no problems taking it on and off the saw. The rails are had maple.

No worries. Thank you for responding.
                  I have a similar table sled. Your right they are wonderful to work with.

VB...
                  Tool of choice: DW 788, DW 735,

Aspire To Inspire Before You Expire.

If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

Wow! That was an awesome design. I would like to make one for my table saw some day.

-Bill
                    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X