Love my new DeWalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my new DeWalt

I got my new DeWalt the other day and I truly to love it. I practiced with it for one whole day. It cuts more agressave than my old (now back-up saw) Delta SS250. I like the top feeding and the tooless blade change. Also the tension, I think, is better. I know I can cut more accurately without the vibretion of the other saw.

Somebody mentioned in a thread that you could buy a counter balnce for this saw. Something like Jim Dandy or whatever. Does anyone remember?

-Bill
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Yeah I know what you're talking about. I got mine from Wildwood Designs. It's labeled as the Easy Lift System in their catalog. $20.95 Don't know if it's cheaper anywhere else or not.

Comment

It is made by

http://www.jimdandy.com/products.html

Comment

Arm lift

I, got a length of aluminum flat bar , bolted to the arm and use a bungie cord for tension .It was quite easy.Glen

Comment

Bill,
          I recently upgraded my scroll saw and it was like moving from a biplane to a 747. The difference in smoothness and accuracy was really marked.

Enjoy!!

Rhys H.

Comment

Bungie cord

Thanks for all the kind words.

Glen-

How did you attach the aluminum flat bar to your saw? Change out the screws on the saw? Bungie cord,Hum. Interesting.

-Bill
            -Bill

Comment

home made arm lift for dewalt

Hey Bill flat bar 24in long by2.5 in.Mounted on rt. side when you are facing the saw .Take out the 2 front side screws and replace with ones a little bit longer. File notch too fit over back bottum bolt. drill hole at rear of flat bar and insert bungie cord and hook to bottum of stand. Glen

Comment

Glen-

Thanks for the suggestion on the homemade counter balance. I'll have to try that.

-Bill
                -Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by Rolf
                  Yes. Like Linda said you want it to appear that the angel is sitting on the cloud....
                  Today, 07:47 AM
                • planeur
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by planeur
                  Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
                  And on each cloud touching the body ?
                  I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by will8989
                  I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
                  Yesterday, 12:27 PM
                • Don in Brooklin On
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Don in Brooklin On
                  Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
                  Yesterday, 11:59 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
                  Yesterday, 11:24 AM
                Working...
                X