Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by wazabiker
    Who is this wonderful person, Mike? And how do I get in touch with him?

Kat Fisher
    Mike might be particular in who actually touches him
    but, then again........

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    replied

Kat Fisher

www.mikesworkshop.com

Mike

Leave a comment:

• greg194799
    replied
    Flying Dutchman Scroll Saw Blades

Kat,
    You can get in touch with Mike at www.mikesworkshop.com
    or e-mail him at [email protected]
    He will be glad to help you.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• wazabiker
    replied
    Mike Who?

Kat Fisher

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Two way cut

This is another name for crown tooth blades, The cut on the up and down stroke. Some scrollers like to use them and turn them over when they are dull, this way they get twice the life out of one blade.

Two way cut does cut down on feathering of the lower edge of the wood. They are nowhere near as aggressive as skip tooth blades and this can give you better control. Best thing to do is to try them and see what you think.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    What are the two way cut?? Is that a new type of blade?
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    I am already a big fan of Mikes spiral blades -- But have you tried the two way cut yet -- they are super . I am not much on straight blades but Mike said I needed to learn to use them and I just finished a perfect leaf cross using the two way on 1 inch popular and I have no complaints what so ever. This solid wood is new to me since I usually use BB and I have fallen head over heals on the spirals for that...( pisssst) We are going to give Mike a big head if we talk behind his back so lets just yell out a hip hip horray he is a good friend to us scrollers ...... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for Mike ...and a hug too

Sharon

Leave a comment:

• Sparhawk
    replied
    Mike sent me some samples of the spirals a while ago but I've had no chance to use them yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm starting to get anxious. It's been too long since I've made any sawdust.

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    started a topic FD Sprial Blades

FD Sprial Blades

I got to try Mike's FD new spiral blades last night. I used both the #3 and #5. Admittedly, I am no expert with spiral blades, but I found them very nice to use, especially the #3 blade. I did better at a lower speed, altho.

You that do use spiral blades regularly should try these, I think you will find them better than the older style blades.

Thanks for the samples, Mike.

BTW I did add some in my last order.

-Bill

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Bread and Cheese..
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Is there a picture? I would love to see what you've done.
    Today, 11:30 AM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Betty - Norma is 5ft 1", her sister who lives next door and often eats with us is 5ft 3". Their father who is recovering from recent knee surgery and staying with us at the moment is also about 5ft 3". I'm almost 5ft 11". You see my dilema!

As to high cupboards. Making...
    Today, 09:44 AM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to Turning to something new
    by jim_mex
    Thanks Tony for the safety advice. Being one eyed these days I am definitely going to be taking extra care to wear suitable face protection. As to the safety videos, yes, I've already checked out several and pulled up a lot of very useful information. Whilst I've never turned wood before as a practising...
    Today, 08:39 AM
  • tgiro01
    Reply to Turning to something new
    by tgiro01
    Betty - yes my design. I'm editing the video I made while making the feature ring.

Jim - I know I'm preaching to a member of the choir, but, please watch some of the Youtube videos on wood turning safety. There's a dozen or so of them out there. There are three words you'll hear a lot --...
    Today, 08:12 AM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
    Today, 12:25 AM
Working...
X