blade tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade tension

Hi All, I just bought a Craftsman model 224360 scroll saw and after reading the manual still can not figure out how to adjust the tension on the blades. the blade lock/release lever is in lock position. Any ideas?? Going to Sears know hopefully someone can help
    Thanks
    Herper62

Being A old craftsman person - I am one of the best customers they have.. I of course have a saw from there too ... the tensension knob is the tension release also .. just turn it to tighten or loosen it ... I hope you did buy the REPLACEMENT WARRANTY with it .. I wear out saws and have carried them back for a new one with no hassle as long as you have that warranty . I bout a 5 yr one for under $20. and have used it after I wore out my saw.. got a brand new one with no problem and I got to even upgrade with it just paid the difference.

Sharon

Ps. Buy your blades from mike - heck of a lot cheaper and better than sears and he sends them right out so you only have a few days to wait not weeks.

Comment

went to Sears and found that for the tension first time set up you remove the housing for the light, then remove the cover from the arm and the cover below that, then adjust by turning the nut on the assembly
      Al

Comment

hummmmm maybe thats why mine makes a awful racket when I use it. I didn't do all that to it .. thanks

Sharon

Comment

All I can say is wow.
          John T.

Comment

advantage seems to be that when you unlock the blade it releases tension then when locking the blade the tesion resets automatically, as long as you are roughly the same length blades. tension springs should be easy to change. I exchanged the saw because of not enough tension could be gotten. Unfortunately I live in central Ct and its rained for 40 days and nights it seems and my basement shop had 2-3 inches of flooding at my workbench so in the box it stays till at least Sunday. If this doesnt work, Sears offered to send the required parts to fix the problem, and do to the sale and discountinuing of this model, they are sold out in my area, so that my be the best bet.
            Herper

Comment

returned the first saw, got a 2nd of the same saw. still not enough tension and lower blade was all over the place sideways. had enough tension from the tension, so I got my money back, went to Woodcraft and got a Dremel SS350 LS. Great saw for $220.00 my accuracy has improved big time and I am happy wih the saw. a light would be nice but hey, aftermarkets are out there. sofar in the first 5 hours of running the saw, I have done 7 puzzles from the book Fantasy and Legend.
              Al

Comment

Way to go, Al !!
                That first saw sounded like nothing but a pain in the - er - neck.
                I really like those puzzles by the Petersons - have you seen their new book of animal puzzles? They are pretty nifty too.
                Let us know what else you are sawing, and keep asking questions. This board is #1 for answers, and most of them are great.
                Sandy

Comment

I'm pleased you like your new saw, Al. Few things can be so frustrating as having a tool that doesn't work the way you want it to.

Gill
                  There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                  (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X