need Flexable light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need Flexable light

I have the dremel 1680 scroll saw, of corse the scroll station with flexable led style light. with sander and flex shaft came out a couple months after i bought the 1680 it leaves me jelious i guess...

as my scroll saw has a sewing mchiene type light made on the side its rigidly mounted with 1 inch adjustment front to rear,,,

i can see fairly well but use 2x or 3x reading glasses to follow lines but it seams i still cant get enough light on the line.

maybe a flexable light would afford me to move the light more to where i can view the line without shadow covering the line.....

dose anybody know if the replacement light for the scrollstation would be too hard to adapt to the dremel 1680
    Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Why not get a high intensity light from an office supply store? There are some magnetic base lights available too. If you have a shelf or bench next to the saw, you could mount it there. That would protect the light from vibrations and give you longer bulb life.
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I "borrowed" naaaa -- I sticky-fingered the lighted magnafing lamp from my sewing room to sit at the end of my saw ..it works great as I can even see those tiny lines I try to run over with my saw blade .
      Sharon

Comment

I purchased one of those Balanced Spectrum floor lamps that you see ads for in a lot of magazines. I stand it beside the saw and bend it over the saw table, it has a dim and a bright setting and really lights my work well. I see the local Shopko store has them now for $39.95, I paid $49.95. Easy on the eyes, kind of a soft light. They come in a table model but have no place to set it. The floor model works great for me. Mick
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Wood butcher sharron and mike,.
          thanks for the replys
          I have a magnifying 110 volt swing arm type lamp i been using, but when running more than 1/2 saw rpm the light shakes violently, which wont last much longer.
          guess i got to rethink this lighting more seriously.

Not having lots of table or floor space, was why i was thinking of the replacement bright led flex light like on the scroll sataion.
          I bought a replacement hallogen low voltage 12 vt bulb to keep the heat down,. also with thoughts i could soulder a the existing lamp wire on it and mount it on the saw, but finding a fixture is really begining to be tough to find, wanting the light to be easily obtainable for replacement, i thought low voltage spot halagen would be fine.
          I found some at lowes finely, guess ill see if i can adapt one of them
          thanks

Comment

Amazon.com

Try Amazon.com. I'm looking for a magnifing/light combo with a flex arm and they have plenty ranging from $17 to $500. Different styles, lighting type and mounts. I to am having trouble with lighting and seeing the lines esp. when cutting with a 2/0. I'm sure they have just lights and are probably cheaper than Office Max.
            Confuscious says, "The cautious seldom err".
            Confuscious didn't own a scrollsaw either.

Comment

A couple of things about lights.
              Lights on magnifiers can get quite warm, many of the scrollers here change the bulb for a cooler running compact fluorescent.
              I find if you put a light on the side of your work it casts a shadow of the blade sideways. Then it is easier to follow the line with a blade as thin as a 2/0.
              Just look at where the shadow of the blade and the line you are cutting intersect.
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

If you use a flourescent light it will not cast a shadow. Also if your saws vibrates that much, that is a problem for another topic, but do not attach the light to the stand the saw is on.
                John T.

Comment

my 2 cents worth,

I finely solved this problem by getting an under the cabinet low voltave 12 vt haligen lighting system its a 2 fixture light system, with small voltage transformer, shouldnt cost you $30.00

but man it puts out the light,
                  my eyes are effected by dibitus and i cant get enough light oin things sometimes, but by mounting one on each side of the blade i can see the blade and the line without my reading glasses....

although it would be better mounted off the saw table, i am crowded for usable floor space so i made a table with a canopy to hang lights and power carver/flex shaft off of.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Farmers market "survey"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                    I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                    For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                    Today, 11:14 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                    Today, 11:00 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                    Today, 09:57 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Rolf
                    So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                    I like the fact...
                    Today, 08:34 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                    Today, 08:17 AM
                  Working...
                  X