Vendor Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor Recommendation

Recently I needed some scroll saw blades, I thought I knew what I wanted, but come right down to it, I didn't. Anyway, I placed an order for some blades, and the vendor (unsolicited) called me back (at eight o'clock in the evening) and discussed what I was cutting and what I really needed. This was on a Friday evening with Monday being a holiday. I received the blades on tuesday. Talk about service above and beyond! Way to go Mike (3M)! Thanks!

Gotta like that Mike guy

I think the only thing better than his blades is his customer service.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Looking for blade supplier

I just got my used small Hawk today and am looking for a good blade supplier. Sounds like "service" Mike might be the one.

How do I contact him?

Clem
      Last edited by Clem Wixted; 09-11-2005, 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling (typing)

Comment

First off congrats on the saw, then

http://www.mikesworkshop.com

Comment

Say ED your picture looks pretty good there but you might want to consider giving up smoking. HA HA
          John T.

Comment

I've already had cancer, so I'm immune .... Actually, don't smoke, do drink lots of beer though (Lone Star of course).

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Plain_Ol_Ed
              First off congrats on the saw, then

http://www.mikesworkshop.com

Ed,

Thanks for the url. After reading today, for hours, I figured that's who it was. I'll call him tomorrow.

Clem

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
                Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
                by Gary beasley
                Cutting a straight line I get it started then plant my thumb at the side of the piece and use that to stabilize the cutting path, a bit like the pin you would use on a bandsaw when resawing old style.
                Today, 02:34 PM
              • will8989
                Wood supply
                by will8989
                We went to Groff & Groff yesterday. Purple Heart wood is stuck on a boat somewhere. They said imported exotic and hardwoods are stuck on boats. So if you see a wood you need, grab it while you can.
                Today, 09:58 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to My beauties
                by will8989
                He has 4 of the long ones, but we have other sizes that he uses for clamping up his cheese board slicers, another good seller. They go for $35, left over wood from dough board. On late shift yesterday because I took a 2 hour nap around 7. Off to the saw! I have 8 days of shows in 2 weekends! And one...
                Today, 09:49 AM
              • RJweb
                Reply to My beauties
                by RJweb
                The boards and baskets are beautiful, but maybe buy Bruce some more clamps, also I see you are on the night shift again, RJ...
                Today, 09:28 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to My beauties
                by will8989
                What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
                Today, 01:20 AM
              Working...
              X