Used Hegner Multimax 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Hegner Multimax 2?

I have the opportunity to purchase a used Hegner Multimax 2 for $250. I am interested in what types of issues to look for when I inspect the saw. Also, are there any issues with getting parts for that model?

I currently have a delta 16 in. vs that has seen better days. It it still runs okay, but I was looking for something smoother.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

BUy BUY BUY!
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

For $250 USD????

What's wrong, truck run over it or something?

Guy needs vig for loan shark?

Do watch Ebay for selling prices of such saws, many times ending auction bid will be double or more than $250.00 (plus shipping). Check out price of new saw on Web.

See Rolf's reply above.

BTW: welcome to forum.
      Last edited by GrayBeard Phil; 02-24-2009, 07:46 AM. Reason: add welcome to 1st time poster.

Comment

Used Hegner

I think you are talking about a Hegner Multimax 22. If so, buy it; a new machine costs about $1,500. You will have no problem getting parts. Having said that, you probably will seldom, if ever, need any. You can call Advanced Machinery, 1 800 220-4264, and ask for Hans who has over 30 years experience with Hegner.
        Don

Comment

I recieved some more information on the saw. It is a 14 in. model built in 1985 being sold by the orginal owner who claims it is in good working condition.

Comment

And he lives in Rosharon? Craigslist? Too old for the price. I'm letting it go. But if you do buy it, let me know how it worked out. I'm new to all this and curious.

na

Comment

I thought it was the 18" Vs saw. 14" is a bit small. I must back off a bit on my initial enthusiasm.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by NNarsi View Post
                And he lives in Rosharon? Craigslist? Too old for the price. I'm letting it go. But if you do buy it, let me know how it worked out. I'm new to all this and curious.

na
                That is the one I was considering. However, I'm just moving back into my house after Hurricane Ike, and I have a few other things on the list which are taking priority, so I will probably pass on this one too.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment.
                -Barry

Comment

FYI. Advanced Machinery is offering a new 14" on Amazon for $749.00

Tom

Comment

better get it before its gone
                    Hegner

Comment

Have no experience with Hegner. Have a Ryobi, about 20 years old. Can only use pin blades. Would like to try some other model. Price is a factor. Any good used ones about?
                      rjcasey

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Phone call from son.
                        by will8989
                        Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                        Today, 10:53 PM
                      • garryatpa
                        Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                        by garryatpa
                        Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                        Today, 10:43 PM
                      • meflick
                        Reply to Phone call from son.
                        by meflick
                        Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                        Today, 01:10 PM
                      • meflick
                        Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                        by meflick
                        Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                        Today, 01:04 PM
                      • John Smith
                        Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                        by John Smith
                        Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                        HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                        Today, 10:01 AM
                      Working...
                      X