RBI hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBI hawk

Hi I have the chance to get a older (about 15-20 yrs old) 16" RBI Hawk saw has a stand single speed and No quick change blade it is a alum table. I havent seen this saw but he said it works good and wasnt used much. what i was wondering can it be updated to a quick change blade system and maybe variable speed? if so is it a expensive thing to do? the asking price for the saw is $75.00 I would appreciate any input asap have to get back to the guy early wed evening

The price isnt to bad. I know you can get some more user friendly clamps for an older 220 model saw, I imagine they would also work on the smaller model.As for variable speed, I dont know if that can be done, or if it can be done at a reasonable price.I dont remember what the outcome was, but in the past its been asked about using a thing like a router speed controller thing to adjust the speed, I dont know if that is ok or not though. I attached a copy of an email I got from RBI a few months ago , give the phone number a call and I bet Craig can help you out.For $75, if it truly has had little use, you cant hardly go wrong, they bring much more than that on ebay!

From: "Craig Murdock" <[email protected]> There is only one lower blade holder available for this older model Hawk saw. See this link on our website:

216 Lower Blade Holder

An upper blade holder with a thumbscrew instead of allen head screw is, also, available. Call our customer service line to order (800) 487-2623 prompt ‘2’

Customer Service

Hawk Woodworking Tools
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

well i bought it. looks pretty clean and runs smooth it is a model 216 and the ser # is 0265 guys said it is 15 to 20 years old. its belt driven and has two speed by moving the belt to another pully. i think i will def look in to getting the newer blade holders. the one you gave me a link to looks like it will work.i tried the foot pedal from my carftsman and it works. the only thing i worry about is the motor is a capacitor start motor and i wonder if useing a foot pedal turning off and on quickly ( my wife likes to start and stop alot) is good or bad for the motor? if i can figure out how to put up a pic of it i will. i kinda wonder if its worth more then the $75.00 i paid for it. but even if it was for the price i paid i dont think i could part with her. the way it cuts it just so better then the craftsmans that i can live with the turnning the knob for tession and the allen key for blade changing.
      Last edited by dbblackburn; 02-18-2009, 09:11 PM. Reason: adding more information

Comment

Congrats, definately money well spent!
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

rbi

just call rbi they r very helpful i bought a older rbi just the other day 220 i known on them they said i could replace the upper arm for the quick release and they sent me the thumb screw blade holder. i was really pleased with them .
          Hegner

Comment

cool thanks for the info

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
              by will8989
              Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
              Yesterday, 11:31 PM
            • Jim McDonald
              by Jim McDonald
              My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
              Yesterday, 07:07 PM
            • Redlee
              Hello all, new here.
              by Redlee
              New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
              I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
              Thanks
              Yesterday, 05:54 PM
            • Ralph123
              Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
              by Ralph123
              I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
              Yesterday, 02:05 PM
            • meflick
              by meflick
              Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
              Yesterday, 12:14 PM
            Working...
            X