FD scroll saw blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD scroll saw blades

Well I recieved some sample blades from Mike in the mail.
    I was at the fair all day yesterday and other than a two hour power outage, I was cutting from 10 am to 9 pm
    So 7 hours of cutting 3 layers of baltic birch ply and then lots of 3/8 figured maple.
    I put in a #3 blade in the morning and it is still cutting. Incredible!
    I tried a #5 on some 1 inch maple. What a dream!

Great product and I recommend everyone at least try them.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

I agree that those blades are nice. I'm not getting that kind of length out of them. But I agree, they are good blades. When I ordered a bunch of different blades from him, there was only one style & size I didn't like, it wandered like the snake river. I don't recall which one that is but it was a small blade. I'm going to order more in a few weeks...this time by the Gross.

Comment

I have to try those blades for sure now ...I was advised to ask for samples from him -I did now if he will just open his private message --hint hint mike ---I want to have something to brag about on them too

Comment

Sharon, here is Mike's website you can email him from there.

Bob

http://www.mikesworkshop.com/
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Blade selection chart

Mike, is there a blade selection chart similiar to Olson's fbut or FD Blades?

Such charts are handy for those of us still working the learning curve.
          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Have tried Mike's FD sample #5 blade and am getting the same results as Carl on baltic birch. These blades are truly amazing. I will be ordering blades shortly - Mike, can we mix & match various sizes when ordering by the gross?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evilbadger
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by evilbadger
              Yes I'm still using the one I built I did some upgrades to it though. I swapped out the pipes for linear motion rails and made the gantry out of aluminum. I guess if I were to upgrade now I would be looking for a full size machine that could do 4x8 sheets of plywood with an automatic tool changer but...
              Today, 09:28 PM
            • vgraf
              Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
              by vgraf
              Looks great!
              Today, 08:15 PM
            • tgiro01
              Old Tool - Reborn
              by tgiro01
              With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
              Today, 03:24 PM
            • Rolf
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by Rolf
              I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
              Today, 10:23 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
              by Rolf
              Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
              Today, 10:19 AM
            Working...
            X