Blade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Question

I know scroll saws are used to cut more than wood.
    I recently cut out some books that I printed up at work.
    I also read where Patrick Spielman cut STEAKS for the BBQ!
    I have heard of cutting glass on a scroll saw, does anyone know of a source of blades that would be suitable for cutting glass, and would the same blades work for cuting rock like shale or slate?
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Hi Carl

You might like to look here, although they appear to be out of stock right now.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Gill!
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Hi Carl,

A friend of mine, did a lot of glass cutting. He told me that he got his from RBI: 800-487-2623. About $ 18.00 a piece he said.

Mike M
        SD Mike

Comment

the down side is diamond blades need to be run with a lubricant of some type, water or special cutting oils, or the diamond coating wears off right away once it gets too hot. Been dreaming of how to make this work for a while since I've been bitten by the lapidary bug last year. Would love to work stone (the harder rocks other than something soft like soapstone) into my woodworking.

Comment

Wetting the blade

My thought for this was to go to a medical supply house...or a friendly nurse and get an IV drip. you could put the oil or water in the bag and set the drip rate.
            If you want something less medical, go to a pet shop and get aquarium air hose and a control valve. It shouldnt be too had to rig something up
            Catch the coolant in a can under the table and recycle it. You don't need a fancy pump. just trun off the saw and pour the can back in the top.
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X