EZ lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ lift

1st thanks for the replies on my first ? re old vs new DW788. The "NOS" I had found was not so old after all.

Now for my next ?s.

Can the EZ lift raise the arm quickly enough to keep a broken blade from stabbing the workpiece?

I have been calling and emailing Jim Dandy for a week or two and have never gotten a reply. Is he still in business?

Thanks
    Cooter

The e-z-lift, when properly installed, doesn't lift the arm at all unless you push it up. It's like a balanced counterweight; wherever you put the arm, there it stays.

That doesn't mean that if your concern is the broken blade scenario, you couldn't set it up to overbalance the arm and pull it up. I don't truly know if that would work. But the e-z-lift isn't designed for that.

Comment

Cooter, www.wildwooddesigns.com has the Easy Lift System for the Dewalt 788 for $20.95. Catalog part #T196. Mick.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Broken blades

Cooter...I don't know about other folks experiences with broken blades but it seems that 9 times out of ten, on the occasion that I do break a blade, it will break below the work piece. When they do break it's generally because I'm trying to get a little extra service out of a dull blade which is a real no!! no!! I use a lot of #2's and stress them pretty hard sometimes. I've gotta admit that the old DW-788 is really forgiving of my lapses in craftsmanship practices. Great saw for the money!!!
        If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
          Reply to Farmers market
          by Rolf
          Well that is good news! You really have a nice collection of items love the Wolf. I just might have to make a few pepper mills. And test our market.
          it will be interesting to see how my consignment sales will be. They were this weekend and again next weekend. I will know after that when I pick...
          Today, 09:04 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Recommendations anyone?
          by Rolf
          Food for thought, When I first started scrolling my thinking was "all I want to do is this and I will never do that as it doesn't interest me". I didn't know I would be working with SSWWC or get sucked into creating Intarsia or doing large intricate fretwork, like Charles Hand designs....
          Today, 08:54 AM
        • old fa_t
          Reply to Recommendations anyone?
          by old fa_t
          Thank you all for giving me a little more to consider. I thought I had covered everything in my mind until others chimed in!
          At least at this point in life, I'm not under a time constraint.
          Today, 07:37 AM
        • Jim McDonald
          Reply to Farmers market
          by Jim McDonald
          Just read an article from Indianapolis where small businesses are reporting great sales.
          Glad you made out well and Bruce got to be salesman for a while.
          Yesterday, 10:07 PM
        • daveswoodworking
          Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
          by daveswoodworking
          Got mine ornament from NcScroller yesterday...
          Yesterday, 06:53 PM
        Working...
        X