Hawk RBI parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk RBI parts

Does anyone know whats happening at RBI?
    I snapped an ear off the bottom blade holder and can not get any calls thru to them to request a new part.
    Need part asap, it's bad to have a saw just sitting around! if you know what i mean. lol
    Any help would sure be appreciated.

I did a google for "RBI saw" and got their website and it looks ok.

Alan.
    Alan and Rafi.

In our house, if you have to bend over to pet a dog it ain't a real dog!

Comment

The only thing I can think of is perhaps Ike affected them. I think they were in the path of the storm once it left Texas.
      Mike C.

Comment

When I had to order an upper blade holder knob I it was hard to get through. They were in the middle of a move, but that was a couple months ago!! I also ordered a couple blade chucks at the same time which I never got. If I remember right they were "backordered". I decided they have now forgetten!! I am a bit disappointed in the service.

Cathy in NE
        Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

RBI blade holder

To get you through, you can remove the plastic knob from the blade holder screw. The knob is covering a Hex Head, then you can use an allen wrench. That's how mine is anyway.

Mine came apart the other day, so I've been using the allen wrench method. Doesn't take too much more time.

Their website works fine (except for the technical support link)

WELCOME TO HAWK WOODWORKING TOOLS

Customer Service Representatives 1-800-487-2623 and dial 1 when prompted.
          Last edited by LsM; 10-16-2008, 01:14 PM. Reason: adding RBI contact info

Comment

I hope this is just a temporary glitch at RBI. It would be a shame if they ruin their hard earned customer support reputation.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I emailed RBI with a couple questions on Sunday (oct 12th) night at 10:14PM, and I recieved a reply back from Craig Murdock on Monday (oct 13th) at 12:22 PM , so I will say they must have whatever issue you have encountered resolved, as it only took 14 hours for me to get a response, most of those hours being weekend, twilight hours where I wouldnt expect a quick reply. So, Id suggest if anyone still is looking for them to drop them an email again, mine was answered quickly.
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Rbi

I just read that RBI is out! They closed. Does anyone know where we can get parts? Thanks Jeanie

Comment

need to find out how to contact them i have parts on back order can anyone help
                  Hegner

Comment

Hello everyone, new here>>> Yes RBI is out of Business, that is what their website says and phone is dead. I am looking for parts for a Hawk scroll saw model 226VS. My dad has had this and another saw and been cutting wood for over 20 yrs. Now he cannot get parts... he called and ordered and was told that they were moving and he would get the parts as soon as they could put the order in. Has anyone found where we can get parts. Thanks for your help...

Comment

Rbi

Hi all, I talked to a women from PS scroll saw yesterday. I got quite a history on what happened after the original owner died. She said that she has some friends in that area and they found out that the building and all inventory is slated to be auctioned. I don't know what that entails as far as parts but it my be worth keeping an eye out and buy the stock up for resale. jim

Comment

parts for my Hawk

I too have a 226 VS model and need the rear cam-over handle and round pivot(part #'s 615-1074 and715-0077). If I could find someone who had a saw with the matching parts, maybe I could have a machine shop duplicate them. Hope we all find a solution.

Comment

parts for my Hawk

I too have a 226 VS model and need the rear cam-over handle and round pivot(part #'s 615-1074 and715-0077). If I could find someone who had a saw with the matching parts, maybe I could have a machine shop duplicate them. Hope we all find a solution.

Sorry for the duplicate post. It didn't look like it posted in the right spot so I tried it again. Dumb, huh?
                          Last edited by fiddleagedman; 03-18-2009, 06:11 PM. Reason: didn't mean to make a duplicate post

Comment

226 Vs

I have a Hawk 226 VS but I don't know how you would go about duplicating the cam over parts. Just a picture wouldn't help and I'm not sure I could do enough precise measuring that a machine shop could make the parts.
                            Buzz
                            We Danes are very even tempered. We're always mad about something!

Comment

I have a an older 216 rbi and need a used switch control box and foot petal my machine went though a flood and the motor works but need box and foot pedal thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• robdperry
                                New from Port Angeles Washington
                                by robdperry
                                Using the Forum to make a decision on purchasing my first scroll saw instead of a drone.
                                Today, 01:52 PM
                              • garryatpa
                                Reply to Vintage scroll saw identification
                                by garryatpa
                                Just looking at The New Scroll Saw Handbook by Patrick Spielman and found a picture of this saw on page 47. Make is unknown and photo was submitted by a Henry Aldinger. Is submitted as an early electric scroll saw.

Garry
                                Today, 01:40 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Clock hardware Kits.
                                by Rolf
                                A new member ralph123 left me a private message. Asking if I still provided kits for the Wooden gear clock in the Summer 2013 issue if SSWWC.
                                Ralph I sent you a private message.

Yes I do still make the kits.
                                Today, 08:49 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                                by Rolf
                                I checked out that site and found a CNC/ SVG file for $1.99 plus $25 shipping! for a digital file NOPE....
                                Today, 08:38 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by will8989
                                Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                                Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                              Working...
                              X