Delta scroll saw blade holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta scroll saw blade holder

I have a 16 inch Delta scroll saw and my blade clamps are worn out. What do you recomend? I see Delta is now offering their saws with a quick blade change feature. My question is, are they any good? Also what about the bottom clamp?
    I hope in the future to possibly pick up a used Hawk on ebay but untill then....
    Any Ideas???? Thanks
    How can I be over the hill if Ive never made it to the top?

I have a 16" Delta, as well. I have the quick change blade clamps, which came with the saw, it works great. I do sand the ends of my blades first to give a better grip for the clamps.

Here are a couple of links for quick change clamps:

www.wildwooddesigns.com has the Delta Quickset II clamps or try www.deltawoodworking.com. The phone for Delta is 1-800-223-7278. You might have to call Delta to get the info.

I hope this helps.
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Amazon.com carries the Delta QuickSet II blade chuck 40-251.

deltamachinery.com, under about us-->contact us, has an email system (online contact form) so you can send them technical questions. I sent them my model # and asked about compatibility with accessory item 40-251. The reply, and I am pra-phrasing here, was to the effect that you can install Quickset II blade chuck on the lower arm, but due to space limitation, the advantages disappear as there is no room for your fingers.

Your model is different than mine (20 inch vs 16 inch) so their reply could be different.

Just asking: could you expand on the phrase "blade clamps worn out" do you have the blade chuck version with a hex cap bolt and square nut or quickset I clamp system?

Phil

Comment

Wwalker, Thanks for the reply! I am somewhat confused, did your saw come with the quick blade changer or the quickset II blade chuck? I believe the quickset blade changer has a locking arm setup. I just was wondering which one you have. Thanks again!

Comment

Grey beard Phil, Thank you also for the reply. My Delta is around 3 years old and I bought it used. Getting back to your question, the blade holder is the old hex bolt and square nut. I think Ill call Delta tommorow and ask about the model 40-251 blade chuck. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X