New Craftsman Scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Craftsman Scrollsaw

After picking up my mail today I was all excited to see the new Sears Annual Tool Book 2005 in my stack of bills. I can never have enough catalogues!

One thing that stood out in among the tools was the new Sears Craftsman 16" tilting arm scroll saw. Now, I have been scrollsawing for many years, almost 20 now ... and I can not see the benefits of this saw over one where the table tilts.

Any comments? If someone out there has a review of this saw I would love to hear about it.

Well -- I've owned two of them and I can see only one advantage in a Craftsman scroll saw whether the table tilts or not, and that's if it's the only saw you have. Just MHO - and I'm no expert.

Comment

If the arm tilts how about the bottom clamp? Does that tilt also? Never heard of any thing like it before. When you want to cut a bevel, just tilt the table.
      Mike M
      SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to My computer issues.
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I upgraded back in early winter. I got one with both a solid state as well as hard drive. I couldn't move over my Office 2010 because I'd bought it as a download (which was still functioning just fine for what I used it for) and I never switched it to subscription because of the cost. The old download...
        Today, 12:39 PM
      • Rolf
        New turning tools
        by Rolf
        I just picked up a couple of new heavy handled bowl gauges. 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch from two friends that have tool supply businesses.
        Our next Scroll saw club challenge will be segmented scroll saw bowls. I don't sand my bowls, too time consuming, so I will be turning them after glue up.
        Today, 08:04 AM
      • Rolf
        by Rolf
        One problem with upgrading was that many of the programs I use are now subscription based. That really frosts my butt I finally accepted the fact that I normally renew my software frequently anyway the cost difference is negligible.

I did not go with a solid state drive, probably...
        Today, 07:58 AM
      • will8989
        by will8989
        Actually, I think mine is more than 10 years old. And what brand would that be? Remember who you’re talking to here about computers.
        Today, 07:49 AM
      • NC Scroller
        by NC Scroller
        If you buy a new computer you want to get a solid state hard drive. No moving parts to break or wear out....
        Today, 07:43 AM
      Working...
      X