New Craftsman Scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Craftsman Scrollsaw

After picking up my mail today I was all excited to see the new Sears Annual Tool Book 2005 in my stack of bills. I can never have enough catalogues!

One thing that stood out in among the tools was the new Sears Craftsman 16" tilting arm scroll saw. Now, I have been scrollsawing for many years, almost 20 now ... and I can not see the benefits of this saw over one where the table tilts.

Any comments? If someone out there has a review of this saw I would love to hear about it.

Well -- I've owned two of them and I can see only one advantage in a Craftsman scroll saw whether the table tilts or not, and that's if it's the only saw you have. Just MHO - and I'm no expert.

Comment

If the arm tilts how about the bottom clamp? Does that tilt also? Never heard of any thing like it before. When you want to cut a bevel, just tilt the table.
      Mike M
      SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
        Reply to Bruce doing great
        by meflick
        Glad to hear all is going well for Bruce. No hiding the meds. 😉
        Today, 11:04 AM
      • B'ville Scroller
        Reply to Looking for Feedback ...
        by B'ville Scroller
        Well ... I am SO glad we tempered our enthusiasm. Show is cancelled. Apparently, things did not go as planned. Maybe next year.
        Yesterday, 10:30 PM
      • RJweb
        Reply to Bruce doing great
        by RJweb
        Glad to hear that, now be a good nurse, lol, RJ
        Yesterday, 07:49 PM
      • will8989
        Bruce doing great
        by will8989
        Got to hospital at 5 and office didn’t open until 5:30. Could have slept to 4 instead of 3. Right knee replacement. Surgery was at 7, he was awake and up by 10:30, pt and out the door by 12. Not much to do today except take meds, and walk 10 minutes an hour. His knee has to bend back to 120 deg. Due...
        Yesterday, 04:31 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Teach - Learn
        by Sandy Oaks
        A modified Sue Mey pattern to fit 1" x 4" x 10" Hard Maple. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using a Pegas #5 MGT blade. One side says "TEACH". Flip it over and the other side says "LEARN". After sanding, dipped in diluted Shellac, sanded again and another dipping. Comments...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Yesterday, 12:13 PM
      Working...
      X