New Craftsman Scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Craftsman Scrollsaw

After picking up my mail today I was all excited to see the new Sears Annual Tool Book 2005 in my stack of bills. I can never have enough catalogues!

One thing that stood out in among the tools was the new Sears Craftsman 16" tilting arm scroll saw. Now, I have been scrollsawing for many years, almost 20 now ... and I can not see the benefits of this saw over one where the table tilts.

Any comments? If someone out there has a review of this saw I would love to hear about it.

Well -- I've owned two of them and I can see only one advantage in a Craftsman scroll saw whether the table tilts or not, and that's if it's the only saw you have. Just MHO - and I'm no expert.

Comment

If the arm tilts how about the bottom clamp? Does that tilt also? Never heard of any thing like it before. When you want to cut a bevel, just tilt the table.
      Mike M
      SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
        Reply to New tools
        by Quartz43
        I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
        Today, 03:40 PM
      • hotshot
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by hotshot
        You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
        Today, 02:27 PM
      • RJweb
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by RJweb
        I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
        Today, 01:31 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Shrink wrap systems
        by Linda In Phoenix
        What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
        Today, 11:51 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Sundays market
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
        Today, 11:39 AM
      Working...
      X