Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERSIMON

Anyone ever carve any persimon?
    What works best, power or hand tools? Will it check as it dries? I just happened appon some trimmings from a tree and it seems like good sound wood for spirits.

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: PERSIMON

It will check ... and as much as I hate to say it, power is probably your best bet. If they are decent sized pieces, you may want to carve something that will show off the grain. It's a very pretty and reasonably hard wood.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
      Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
      by will8989
      Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
      Yesterday, 09:54 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
      Yesterday, 09:12 PM
    • Tom in Ashland
      The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
      by Tom in Ashland
      Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
      Yesterday, 08:08 PM
    • keystonecop
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by keystonecop
      Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
      Yesterday, 06:14 PM
    • KarlB
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by KarlB
      " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
      Yesterday, 04:02 PM
    Working...
    X