Border Collie and Sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Collie and Sheep

Border Collie and Sheep finished Monday, August 22, 2022. The pattern is by Jaeheon Yun and found in the book "20 Minute Scroll Saw Puzzles". I used 3/4" Poplar about 8" x 12". Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using Pegas #5R MGT blades. After sanding with a Mac Mop, dipped in diluted Shellac and lightly sanded again. Comments welcome.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Well done nice clean cut, you keep this saw humming.

Comment

Originally posted by scrollerpete View Post
      Well done nice clean cut, you keep this saw humming.
      Thanks Pete. The saw does keep humming!
      Denny

Comment

Very nice! Any tips for backing the blade out of the dead-end cuts without making a mess?

Comment

Originally posted by bstark View Post
          Very nice! Any tips for backing the blade out of the dead-end cuts without making a mess?
          Thanks. Actually, on this one there were no dead-end cuts. On other puzzles where there is, I loosen the bottom clamp and remove the blade. Reattach and start cutting again.
          Denny

Comment

When I cut a puzzle,I study it first. I find all lines that start and end on the outside, cut them first than cut apart the pieces the same way. I don’t remember the last time I’ve had a dead end. I’ve found that all puzzles have lines That go from one end to the other. You just have to find them.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Nice cut! I like the grain direction. Will you be making more of them for sale in Artcrafters?
              These puzzles are very different as you can stack them in different ways. I like your choice of finish!

This is a great book. I cut all 56 of them with a Pegas MGT 1 or 3 as I wanted a snug fit, It really made me pay attention to not push sideways.
              I used Danish oil (never again as it stinks) but it was what they wanted.

There was a 57th puzzle which was published separately. Noah's Arc.
              Noahs Ark mag.jpg
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                Nice cut! I like the grain direction. Will you be making more of them for sale in Artcrafters?
                These puzzles are very different as you can stack them in different ways. I like your choice of finish!

This is a great book. I cut all 56 of them with a Pegas MGT 1 or 3 as I wanted a snug fit, It really made me pay attention to not push sideways.
                I used Danish oil (never again as it stinks) but it was what they wanted.

There was a 57th puzzle which was published separately. Noah's Arc.
                Noahs Ark mag.jpg
                Thanks Rolf. This came from the new book by Jaeheon Yun, "20-Minute Scroll Saw Puzzles. I see you did the test cutting for this one as well.
                Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post

Thanks Rolf. This came from the new book by Jaeheon Yun, "20-Minute Scroll Saw Puzzles. I see you did the test cutting for this one as well.
                  I cut it the same time I cut the others I thought it was part of the original book. I Decided to laser engrave the animal names.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That's a really nice puzzle Denny and well cut from your side. A great share and thanks also for posting the puzzle source.😉

Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
                      That's a really nice puzzle Denny and well cut from your side. A great share and thanks also for posting the puzzle source.😉
                      Thanks Jim. I always try to include the source.
                      Denny

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X