Plastic puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic puzzle

Taking a break from cutting Christmas card puzzles, I decided to try an idea someone here gave me and cut a puzzle out of a scrap piece of plexiglass. I also decided to add a little 'spice' to it by leaving a few straight edges in the inside (what's a few extra edge pieces that aren't on the edges 😉). What I ended up with was 5" x 7.5", 54 pcs. Once I took the blue tape off and couldn't tell which side was up it really took on a challenge of its own!
    Plastic puzzle taped.jpgPlastic puzzle.jpg
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Interesting concept. I still have a 3D acrylic egg puzzle that I got for probably my 13th birthday. Took me a while, but I finally mastered it.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

One wrd! DIABOLICAL!!!

Comment

That is a real challenge.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That's a really nice looking puzzle. What type of blade/ speed of cut did you use? Could you provide some insight for others to try and cut something similar. Acrylic is tricky as it melts quickly.

Comment

Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by hand. So any guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by MidMich324 View Post
                That's a really nice looking puzzle. What type of blade/ speed of cut did you use? Could you provide some insight for others to try and cut something similar. Acrylic is tricky as it melts quickly.
                I used a 2/0 crown tooth blade at a medium speed. Had no problems with melting.
                Bruce
                . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                visit sometime
                Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X