Plastic puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic puzzle

Taking a break from cutting Christmas card puzzles, I decided to try an idea someone here gave me and cut a puzzle out of a scrap piece of plexiglass. I also decided to add a little 'spice' to it by leaving a few straight edges in the inside (what's a few extra edge pieces that aren't on the edges 😉). What I ended up with was 5" x 7.5", 54 pcs. Once I took the blue tape off and couldn't tell which side was up it really took on a challenge of its own!
    Plastic puzzle taped.jpgPlastic puzzle.jpg
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Interesting concept. I still have a 3D acrylic egg puzzle that I got for probably my 13th birthday. Took me a while, but I finally mastered it.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

One wrd! DIABOLICAL!!!

Comment

That is a real challenge.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That's a really nice looking puzzle. What type of blade/ speed of cut did you use? Could you provide some insight for others to try and cut something similar. Acrylic is tricky as it melts quickly.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
            Reply to Scroll Saw Shells
            by Quartz43
            I would not use regular plywood but Baltic Birch is different. On Steve Garrisons Facebook page someone posted a shell with either Baltic Birch or something like Spectraply. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of tearing or splintering with either cutting or sanding.

Using solid...
            Today, 09:09 AM
          • will8989
            Reply to countdown for Bruce.
            by will8989
            Bruce took the “zipper”ff today. Yep, the stitches were zipper type. When we were packing up at the market Sunday, the coffee vendor asked if we wanted a taste of his chocolate whiskey coffee. We said no thanks. After driving to Annapolis in the truck today to get Elliott, Bruce said he was going...
            Yesterday, 10:12 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Scroll Saw Shells
            by will8989
            I usually don’t use plywood, but I think it works beautifully with these patterns. On my to do list in January.
            Yesterday, 10:02 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Back in the saddle again
            by will8989
            I enlarge and shrink patterns all time. I use rapid resizer. I did locate some scrap wood that would be perfect for the smaller size. I also mad some of the nativity Steve had a week ago. I’m taking stuff to the market for feedback. Of the 11 ornaments I took last week I came home with 3. Guess you...
            Yesterday, 09:59 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Starting again
            by will8989
            And to do something different. I’m trying to schedule part or a whole day to bowl grinding. Of course, we had a 7 year old visitor most of the day as he had a half day today. So much for using the grinder. instead I put a bandaid on a scratch on his elbow so he “wouldn’t bleed to death”. Than...
            Yesterday, 09:55 PM
          Working...
          X