Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?

Hello All,
    I have been asked to make a few puzzles as gifts and was wondering if anyone could recommend a source for 5-ply poplar plywood?
    I had cut a few puzzles some time ago and don't remember where i purchased the plywood from.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you
    loving my DW788

https://www.lowes.com/pd/RevolutionP...4-x-8/50121135
    Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

I checked out this website and it looks like this product could make a pretty decent backer board.

Comment

Are you using it as a backer or to cut the puzzle from? I’ve found any plywood I got from Lowe’s had a lot of voids. I use poplar for all my puzzles. Well I was going to post a few pictures but the photo library is empty again. Only happens on this site.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have never had much success with the stuff from Lowes. I did a quick internet search in your area. Nothing really popped up on your side of the river but I found this place in Poughkeepsie First Cut Custom Woodworks and Affordable Granite and Cabinetry in Fishkill.

BTW I grew up and lived 40 years in Dutchess County.
          Last edited by NC Scroller; 01-12-2020, 08:47 AM.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Any reason why you wouldn't want to use Baltic Birch ply? I think ApplePly would be another good option for puzzles, but it's more expensive, I believe.
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Check with the cabinet shops in your area. They know the sources of good cabinet ply.
              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X