Horse Puzzle or Toy Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Puzzle or Toy Patterns

My granddaughter's fifth birthday is coming up and I would like to make a set of two or three horses for her. Either jigsawed but pinned together so there is movement but not a puzzle that comes apart. Or just some horse figures. I am interested in finding some patterns. She has been into My Little Ponies but the figures I've found have some details and thin sections that I think would not make good play toys.

Any ideas appreciated.

Rick
    "If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a bit cheaper."

It can be as simple as doing an internet search for horse silhouette. Or maybe a plan like this:
    http://meiselwoodhobby.com/Products/....aspx?id=45010
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Are you talking about something like this? I google 'horse puzzle', copy, paste into Word or an imaging program to create the size I want and then print the 'pattern'.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks. I've changed paths in favor of a gear toy, but it is involved enough I have found something for her birthday and will complete the gear toy for a Christmas present.

Rick
        "If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a bit cheaper."

Comment

Here is the URL for the pattern.
          Scrollsawn Gears Woodworking Plan from WOOD Magazine
          https://www.woodstore.net/Scrollsawn...gr-00942a.html

Gear Toy Gears on Board 11-29-18 480.jpg
          Scrollsawn Gears, Woodworking Plans, Gifts & Decorations, Scrollsaw, Carving, & Decorative Projects, Toys & Kids Furniture, WOOD Issue 215, November 2012, 2012, Advanced

Comment

Now that is something I would play with! What a neat project.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The gear toy is an excellent idea. Will intrigue her now and for quite awhile to come.
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• robdperry
                New from Port Angeles Washington
                by robdperry
                Using the Forum to make a decision on purchasing my first scroll saw instead of a drone.
                Today, 01:52 PM
              • garryatpa
                Reply to Vintage scroll saw identification
                by garryatpa
                Just looking at The New Scroll Saw Handbook by Patrick Spielman and found a picture of this saw on page 47. Make is unknown and photo was submitted by a Henry Aldinger. Is submitted as an early electric scroll saw.

Garry
                Today, 01:40 PM
              • Rolf
                Clock hardware Kits.
                by Rolf
                A new member ralph123 left me a private message. Asking if I still provided kits for the Wooden gear clock in the Summer 2013 issue if SSWWC.
                Ralph I sent you a private message.

Yes I do still make the kits.
                Today, 08:49 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                by Rolf
                I checked out that site and found a CNC/ SVG file for $1.99 plus $25 shipping! for a digital file NOPE....
                Today, 08:38 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Phone call from son.
                by will8989
                Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                Yesterday, 10:53 PM
              Working...
              X