Creative Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Station

Before allowing my scroll saw to take an extended vacation I bought a Xyron Creative Station after reading recommendations here. It remains unused but now that my scrolling juices are beginning to rise the station has come to mind. I searched and read many comments but still have a question or two. The most important to me is can the creative station be used to mount the picture permanently to the wood. There is no pattern to glue as I am cutting freehand. Most of the comments I found seemed to focus on mounting a pattern. Thanks all.

Originally posted by florida scroller View Post
    Before allowing my scroll saw to take an extended vacation I bought a Xyron Creative Station after reading recommendations here. It remains unused but now that my scrolling juices are beginning to rise the station has come to mind. I searched and read many comments but still have a question or two. The most important to me is can the creative station be used to mount the picture permanently to the wood. There is no pattern to glue as I am cutting freehand. Most of the comments I found seemed to focus on mounting a pattern. Thanks all.
    I have a Xyron machine. I have only used it to apply patterns. To apply pictures to wood for puzzles I use 3M Super 77 adhesive spray. I spray the wood and the back of the pictures.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

It does have a permanent adhesive, I see no reason that it would not work. Just make sure that the wood is smooth and absolutely dust free.
      When I do intarsia I use the permanent adhesive directly on the wood since it gets sanded off during shaping, I have never had it peel off prematurely.
      I say do a practice piece first for peace of mind.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thank you. I have 3M Super 77 and had an interesting experience when I cut a puzzle with a pattern last week. After spraying the wood I picked up the picture and laid it on cardboard to spray the back of it. Seems the spot chosen to lay it on the cardboard was covered with adhesive from the over spray while doing the wood. I knew my mistake immediately and peeled it up carefully. The next thing I learned was that mineral spirits will remove the adhesive without ruining the picture. Lesson learned? Pay attention!
        The Creative Station is still in the box, unopened. It includes a roll of permanet adhesive plastic so today will be investigative and I'll do a practice test. I wonder what the next learning experience will involve!

Comment

Originally posted by florida scroller View Post
          Thank you. I have 3M Super 77 and had an interesting experience when I cut a puzzle with a pattern last week. After spraying the wood I picked up the picture and laid it on cardboard to spray the back of it. Seems the spot chosen to lay it on the cardboard was covered with adhesive from the over spray while doing the wood.
          Did this too one time. I now lay the wood and picture side by side on my spray rack and spray them both at once.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X