Four Turtles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Turtles

Here is my latest jigsaw puzzle. This one has four turtle pieces, one in each corner. It has been cut in my diagonal style, where the grid has been rotated 45 degrees so that the grid lines pass through the corners. This means that there are no corner pieces as such - you have to build them from a pair of edge pieces. And the edge pieces only interlock through inner pieces so it is not simple to build the frame first!

The puzzle is cut from 1/4" Baltic birch and is 9" x 6" with 260 pieces.
    Ron
    www.turtleteasers.com

Fantastic work. Wonderful detail at less than 1/2 inch per piece. Thank you for showing.

Comment

Puzzles are a challenge to a lot of people, but well worth the result. Very nicely done.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Hey Ron, outstanding as always. Looks exceptionally tricky as well!
        www.antoripancco.com

Comment

Originally posted by AntoriP View Post
          Looks exceptionally tricky!
          Thanks Antori. It would have been even more tricky if I had limited myself to using a single cut style.

I used four different cut styles for this puzzle. Here, https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...angular-pieces, I used only one cut style, and consequently the piece shapes are very similar and so don't provide as much help.
          Ron
          www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Wow wonderful looking puzzle. I like the diagonal idea.

Comment

Amazing work. Thanks for sharing.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
                Reply to compound cutting
                Dan A
                I'm pretty sure the blade was in right. It was an 1 3/4 piece of poplar. Once I was done cutting I couldn't even get the piece to come apart out of the block. Which as I remember it, indicates to much pushing and making the blade bend.

For what it's worth I cut an ornament out of pine and...
                Today, 06:17 AM
              • leehljp
                Reply to Shingles
                leehljp
                My wife got the vaccine shot in 2011 and 4 months later came down with shingles. It wasn't a light case either.

My aunt said she found a cure for shingles: She heard that rubbing Dr. Tichenors antiseptic on it would stop it. She got in the tub and poured some on. As she tells it: "When...
                Yesterday, 10:15 PM
              • vgraf
                Reply to Mass Production
                vgraf
                I also cannot perceive making that many of anything. I just finished about 30 of the mini birdhouses and am ready to start something new.

I also have used the alcohol and shellac method. It really speeds up the finishing process. If the surface is left a little rough, a little touch up...
                Yesterday, 09:29 PM
              • vgraf
                Reply to compound cutting
                vgraf
                I had trouble cutting once with a new blade and then discovered I had it backwards.
                Yesterday, 09:23 PM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Fall magazine
                NC Scroller
                Can't wait to get mine.
                Yesterday, 08:51 PM
              Working...
              X