Four Turtles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Turtles

Here is my latest jigsaw puzzle. This one has four turtle pieces, one in each corner. It has been cut in my diagonal style, where the grid has been rotated 45 degrees so that the grid lines pass through the corners. This means that there are no corner pieces as such - you have to build them from a pair of edge pieces. And the edge pieces only interlock through inner pieces so it is not simple to build the frame first!

The puzzle is cut from 1/4" Baltic birch and is 9" x 6" with 260 pieces.
    Ron
    www.turtleteasers.com

Fantastic work. Wonderful detail at less than 1/2 inch per piece. Thank you for showing.

Comment

Puzzles are a challenge to a lot of people, but well worth the result. Very nicely done.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Hey Ron, outstanding as always. Looks exceptionally tricky as well!
        www.antoripancco.com

Comment

Originally posted by AntoriP View Post
          Looks exceptionally tricky!
          Thanks Antori. It would have been even more tricky if I had limited myself to using a single cut style.

I used four different cut styles for this puzzle. Here, https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...angular-pieces, I used only one cut style, and consequently the piece shapes are very similar and so don't provide as much help.
          Ron
          www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Wow wonderful looking puzzle. I like the diagonal idea.

Comment

Amazing work. Thanks for sharing.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

How long did it take to cut? Amazing.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

The cutting itself probably took around 3 hours. The preparation work, finishing and box-making added about the same.
                  Ron
                  www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X