Kittens in a Hammock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kittens in a Hammock

I've lurked on here for a while, but have finally decided to post something. Here's a puzzle I made a few months ago from a poster. It's 19 7/8" x 14 1/2" and 982 pieces. It was cut on the new Jet scrollsaw using Flying Dutchman Superior Puzzle blades.

DSC_0371-01.jpgDSC_0372-01.jpgDSC_0373-01.jpgDSC_0375-01.jpg

Wow, that is amazing. Almost a thousand pieces on something that small.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

That is a lot of pieces. Fine cutting.
      AKA Paul from Washington State
      22" Hegner.

Comment

A beautifully crafted puzzle! Glad you are no longer lurking. Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

That is some *fine* cutting!
          John
          I've Got A Lot More To Learn
          About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
          "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Amazing puzzle! And welcome to the forum, please share more of your work as you go along.
            How do you like your new Jet? Especially did you have any issues with clamping those fine puzzle blades?
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thank you for finally posting something. "Lurking" is common, but posting can be so rewarding and fun too! Nice work
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                How do you like your new Jet? Especially did you have any issues with clamping those fine puzzle blades?
                The saw is pretty nice, but it is the first of the bigger saws for me. The only thing I have to compare it to is an older Delta Shopmaster which has a really frustrating clamping mechanism and a slight sideways motion to the blade, making it not very accurate. When switching to a different sized blade on the Jet usually the set screws on the clamp require some adjustment, but most of the stuff I do doesn't use many different blade sizes so it's not that much of a hassle for me. After adjusting the set screws to the right depth, the small blades clamp pretty well. The only time I had a problem was when I had the clamp too tight and broke a few blades.
                I find the groove and the larger hole on the table to be of some annoyance when cutting very small pieces, but a secondary table can remedy that.

Thank you all for the compliments.

Titus

Comment

I admire the pieces, but I have one overriding question: Who's going to be putting it together? I ask myself that question for every puzzle I see here and, for this one, I can't find an answer.

Carter

Comment

He will send it to you Carter.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The worst is when you're cutting a large puzzle and knock over your table with the cut pieces on it, when you're almost done. Been there. Done that. Sure makes the project take longer. But it's a great triple check QC on fit! Nice work dude!
                      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carter-Johnson View Post
                        I admire the pieces, but I have one overriding question: Who's going to be putting it together? I ask myself that question for every puzzle I see here and, for this one, I can't find an answer.

Carter
                        Some family members and I put this one together. It did take close to a week at a few hours a day, but it was fun. One advantage to it being so hard was that it was still very challenging for me the cutter.

Titus

Comment

Hello Tiney! Great puzzle! I am very pleased to see the work of another colleague. I wish you new successes in creating puzzles!
                          Alexey Morozov & my puzzles

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• turtleteasers
                            Reply to Triangular Pieces
                            turtleteasers
                            [What blade for this?]

I used a Pegas 2/0 skip tooth blade for this and all my 1/4" plywood puzzles. Any 2/0 blade will give similar results, as long as it is a simple blade which cuts only on the down-stroke. I stick with Pegas because I have found them to be consistent....
                            Today, 12:16 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Triangular Pieces
                            Rolf
                            Lots of Wow's here also. What blade for this?
                            Today, 10:20 AM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Black lacquer
                            Rolf
                            Are you thinking spray or brush? If it is a big grain you will need to use a grain filler, I have never used a filler so can't help much there. This may help a bit.

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas...k_Lacquer.html
                            Today, 10:16 AM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Kitchen cabinets officially started today!!!
                            Rolf
                            Looking good! What will you do with the shelf edges?
                            Today, 10:11 AM
                          • campasano
                            Reply to Whirligig
                            campasano
                            Rolf, I use White pine or Cedar but the most important aspect is the painting technique. I always put on a white primer, use fine steel wool to remove imperfections, Apply exterior outdoor paint, rub fine steel wool after each application when dry and final finish I apply clear poly ( spray can )...
                            Today, 09:59 AM
                          Working...
                          X