No announcement yet.

Figurals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, when I did my last show in Dec. I was talking to a customer who told me about this puzzle she bought that could be made 3 dimensional. I told her I knew someone who does that but he was in New York. She said she bought it in New York and that he donated his money from the puzzles to a charity. Sure would be nice to hear from Shawn.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
      Scott, when I did my last show in Dec. I was talking to a customer who told me about this puzzle she bought that could be made 3 dimensional. I told her I knew someone who does that but he was in New York. She said she bought it in New York and that he donated his money from the puzzles to a charity. Sure would be nice to hear from Shawn.
      Yup that is our Shawn. Sure do miss him.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
        Barb I see the tape is white. Do you apply the tape to the puzzle and then out the figural on top?
        I haven't ever cut a jigsaw puzzle, was just "scrolling" through the thread and thought this might work after looking at Degs post of 04-04-17.

Comment

I have started using the painters tape over my piece then put my pattern on top of that when I am cutting straight from a pattern. if I am free cutting I will use the rubber cement for the figurals and remove the paper and rubber cement right away. Because of different companies making the painter's tape I have some that is more 'sticky' than others. I had not thought about running my fingers/hands over it a bit first. I am going to give that a shot on the next puzzle. Sounds like a fine idea.
          (Did something happen to Shawn or did he just stop posting)? [I stepped away from the forum for a while and have recently began checking back in.]
          John
          I've Got A Lot More To Learn
          About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
          "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Shawn is a pediatrician and last he said he was working on some sort of project and would be gone for awhile. That has to be about a year ago. At least that’s what I remember.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
              Shawn is a pediatrician and last he said he was working on some sort of project and would be gone for awhile. That has to be about a year ago. At least that’s what I remember.
              According to the logs Shawn did stop in on Christmas Day. Maybe he is like Santa. Came and went while we slept.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

At least he didn’t forget us.
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
                  Reply to Spiral Basket
                  octoolguy
                  I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
                  Today, 03:02 PM
                • mowerman1193
                  Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                  mowerman1193
                  Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
                  Today, 02:48 PM
                • bhenr99
                  Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                  bhenr99
                  I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
                  Today, 08:27 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Great Poplar
                  Rolf
                  Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
                  Today, 08:18 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
                  Rolf
                  I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
                  Today, 08:09 AM
                Working...
                X