A few fun Christmas Multilevel Tray Puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few fun Christmas Multilevel Tray Puzzles

One of my favorite things to do during the Holidays is to cut small jigsaw puzzles from Christmas cards. It really helps to get me into the mood. I have found over the years that snowflakes seem to inevitably land on these designs.

Similar to my Rapunzel puzzle I posted recently, these puzzles are built into nicely finished "trays."

This first puzzle has three levels of thickness, and is about 5 x 5". It is entirely cut from maple, with the exception of the base, which is mahogany.

Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

In this second puzzle, the characters from Peanuts joyfully celebrate around a Christmas tree. It was cut in a similar fashion from the same materials. Hey....more snowflakes!!

The pattern on the tray border is from some Holiday scrapbooking paper I thought would look nice with it.

Shawn Ferguson

Comment

Once again - Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
      Can't wait for your class at the Open House
      Donna
      www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

I love them.....you're getting pretty good at this stuff!!!

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

You're having too much fun! Lovely work, beautifully executed.

I admire your precise cutting, no burn or distortion (sigh!)

Ever wonder why I'm drawn to projects that require lots of sanding (LOL)?
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Great work, Shawn. I agree. Making puzzles from cards is really phun. In fact I made 96 this year and I have 5 made for 2015. Yours goes into the mail today.

Carter

Comment

Thanks!

Carole, I have to admit that sanding is not my favorite thing to do, which is probably why I spend so much time on my puzzles.

I still love that spindle sander, though!!

Carter, you better check your mailing list twice, because I was greeted to your puzzle in the mail when I got home last night, so it looks like you already sent mine. But if you accidentally send two, I won't complain! The puzzle is wonderful and I love it.

I'm not surprised that you already have a jump start on your 2015 card puzzles....I'm more surprised that you haven't started 2016 yet!
              Shawn Ferguson

Comment

I love the puzzles. Can't wait to cut straight lines and circles with success.

Comment

Originally posted by florida scroller View Post
                  I love the puzzles. Can't wait to cut straight lines and circles with success.
                  Don't worry about that, Dennis....it will come with practice. It's kind of funny, but once it happens, it's like riding a bike. You'll just suddenly get a feel for it, and everything comes together.

If you're having a tough time staying on line, try practicing with some wider blades for a while. They are much easier to control, IMO, than the fine puzzle blades.
                  Shawn Ferguson

Comment

Beautiful cuts Shawn, reindeer and snowflakes.......can't go wrong with those themes.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Wow, those are great. There is soooooooo much for me to learn with all the great projects I have seen on this site. Thanks for sharing.
                      Susan

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Shawn ~ Absolutely AWESOME!
                        They are simple and they are beautiful.
                        What an artist!

John
                        I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                        About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                        "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

As usual masterly executed and a pleasure to admire. Thanks for sharing them.

Comment

Beautiful as always, Shawn! I really like the first one, especially. The antlers look so delicate!

Have a wonderful Christmas, and thanks for sharing your puzzles with us.
                            Loving my big yellow saw....

Comment

Don't know how I missed this earlier!

Between your precision puzzles and the fine ornaments in other threads, there is no shortage of things to add to the endless cut list.
                              Jim
                              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X