In The Details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Details

I was working on a puzzle a few years back with a Mayan theme, yesterday I was looking at a photo of it's back when I noticed a detail I thought was worth sharing. When cutting a whimsey with hair like or really thin protrusions, we just simply cut those protrusions off, but sometimes those hair like details define what the whimsey is.
    In the bottom right hand side of the picture there is a snake (not a worm) because of that detail of the tongue. You can add cut lines to adjoining pieces to make those fine details and when the puzzle is put together your whimsey will make perfect sense. Also this puzzle had a fantastic double "S" border.
    Attached Files

That is VERY cool! great work..
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Dee,
      First, I think you should post a pic of the entire piece! Both, front and back. Second, That is a great suggestion and design idea.
      Thanks for that tidbit. It is stuff like that which makes this 'community' a pleasure in which to participate.

John
      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Stoney
        Reply to 139 Year Old Saw Needed Warranty Work
        Stoney
        Wow! A demonstration of this kind initially could draw more people to scrolling than one of the super duper high end machines. Thank you for showing us....
        Today, 04:54 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Issue Discussion Thread: Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Winter 2016 (Issue 65)
        Sandy Oaks
        The new issue arrived in the mail today. Spent some time looking at each article. I will go back a read each article carefully later. Now which project to make first?
        Today, 04:53 PM
      • wood-n-things
        Reply to Puzzle within puzzle
        wood-n-things
        Interesting concept. I'm curious why the difference in thickness of material. Shouldn't it all be the same material?
        Today, 12:44 PM
      • wood-n-things
        Reply to This is what 675 card holders look like
        wood-n-things
        You certainly have been busy. I hope you run out of stock at the show. best of luck. Please do find the time to take some pics for us to enjoy your adventure.
        Today, 12:39 PM
      • Rolf
        Reply to wood lathe chisels
        Rolf
        I Bought a system from Geiger solutions about 3 years ago. It is very different

from what he sells now. I prefer the older system pictured here. It set a specific didtance to the grinding wheel, compensating for wheel wear (a non issue with the CBN wheels) The new system is probably easier...
        Today, 11:48 AM
      Working...
      X