4th of July Puzzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Puzzle

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! Here is a puzzle I made for a family activity today. I had fun with the figurals, though I ran into some issues with the tail of the kite. I'll have to keep practicing... The puzzle is roughly 9x12 and made from Walnut hardwood.

Matt
    Attached Files

Great job, Matt! I love all of the false edges compromising the kite string.

On the kite tail, you just had to make the tail a little wider. I went through something kind of similar when I was sketching out the kite figural for my Spring 2014 article. You want it to look representative of the object, but not too delicate and fragile.

Usually when I sketch up a figural, I will just keep going over the thin portions with pencil, letting them gradually broaden, until they seem adequately thick and sturdy.

Great job on the puzzle, though.....I like the concept, theme, layout, and picture, and you did on nice job on the cutting.
    Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Nicely done and the family will enjoy doing it together.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

wonderful job on your puzzle...shawn gave you some good advice on the figural.....trust me...it's happened to me.....the more you cut, the better you get.....happy 4th!!

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mindy
          Reply to SSW website maintenance on Tuesday, July 26
          Mindy
          If we do it right, you shouldn't notice any differences but it will be much better on our end. We have another change planned that should perk things up for all of you--we just have to do this one first. Considering that every kid on the planet seems to have a website, it's surprisingly challenging...
          Yesterday, 10:34 PM
        • CHawk
          Reply to Multitask?
          CHawk
          Which is why I'm a sailplane guy. No motor!!
          Yesterday, 08:47 PM
        • Jim Finn
          Reply to My first sale of 2016.
          Jim Finn
          I have missed three of these farmers markets this year but my average gross sales this year are more than double last years average. Maybe I need to only go there every other week?...
          Yesterday, 08:47 PM
        • Trackman
          Feel special!
          Trackman
          Just noticed I now have two red boxes under my name! May catch up to Carol. Anyone figure out what they mean? I feel special anyway 🙀
          Yesterday, 08:36 PM
        • Trackman
          Reply to Why Handibunny?
          Trackman
          Guess others don't want to fech up on why🙄🙄
          Yesterday, 08:27 PM
        Working...
        X