Clear All

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
    Reply to Yet another simple item to make and sell
    Jim Finn
    I did the math, today, to see if making these makes sense (and dollars). Making them of eastern red cedar 3/8" thick the cost per item for me is 12 cents. I sell them for $1.25 each and it takes me five minutes to make one. Takes additional time to apply finish though. I could make them of...
    Today, 04:45 PM
  • Jim Finn
    Fireplace bellows with image inlaid into the top.
    Jim Finn
    Over the past 30+ years I have made over fifty fireplace bellows. This is how I got started in woodworking. At first I carved images into the bellows front and then moved to using tooled leather images and finally a few years ago I started doing inlay on them. I do not make many any more because there...
    Today, 04:02 PM
  • evilbadger
    Reply to Just some thoughts
    evilbadger
    It would be a copyright issue to post it here Jimmy and Magaritaville make a lot money off of it.
    Today, 11:13 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to wood lathe chisels
    Rolf
    It has been at least 2 + years I will have to dig out my records. they have shown no signs of wear. Make no mess other than some iron fillings. I also bought a jig for setting the precise distance each time for repeatable settings. I will also look to see what grits I bought.
    I will post later...
    Today, 08:40 AM
  • Bittersweet
    Reply to Dust Collection for my Dewalt 788
    Bittersweet

Hey Betty,
    I've been using shop vacs for years and can give you a list of things I don't like about them, the main one being that the motors eventually burn out and filters are expensive. This dust deputy eliminates that. It works by bypassing your shop vac so 99% of the dust is...
    Today, 06:52 AM
Working...
X