Dee's turtle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dee's turtle

I finally finished the turtle puzzle from Dee's @ Platinum Puzzles template. I love the bright colors and the turtle design. I am partial to turtles, as my current avatar shows (I own 2 desert tortoises) and sea turtles are one of my favorites! The base of the tray is 1/4" and the top is also 1/4" poplar so that total thickness is 1/2". The base has scrapbook paper with tropical blue fish, so that when the turtle's shell is removed to assemble the puzzle, you can see the fish swimming through. The puzzle is approx 9x6 and I didn't count the puzzle pieces, but its harder to put together than it looks. I typically give my puzzles away as fast as I make them, but I'm so pleased with this one, I may end up keeping it!
    Attached Files

A great looking puzzle!
    Where can a purchase a template?

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

She sells them on her website www.platinumpuzzles.com. At the bottom right hand corner there is an area called 'woodworker's corner'. Enter that area and the template is there for purchase.

Comment

Sweeeeet cuts Eileen, was the fish paper your idea (good one) or did it come with the pattern?
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

The fish were my idea. When I do tray puzzles, I like the tray to have a design or some type of image in the cut out area.

Comment

Got it! Thank you.

It's all fun
            Terry
            Craftsman 18"
            Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

That is so cool! I love coming to this forum to see all the creativity.
              -Richard-

Comment

I couldn't resist purchasing it too!!! I can't wait to give it a whirl. Eileen did you print your template on regular paper or did you use something special??
                Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Way Cool!!
                  DeWalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by Cutting Cathy View Post
                    I couldn't resist purchasing it too!!! I can't wait to give it a whirl. Eileen did you print your template on regular paper or did you use something special??
                    Cathy, I used photo paper I picked up at Office Depot. I buy whatever's on sale when I go in, so I have both matte and glossy paper, then I laminate the top of the image with a dry mount press. I happened to use matte paper on this particular print, but I use both interchangably.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X