Are you going to the parley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to the parley?

How many people are going to the Puzzle Parley in July?
    If your not sure, and are on the fence about making the trip, let me try to convince you why you should go. Every two years or so wooden puzzle makers, fresh and seasoned, hobbyist and entrepreneur along with puzzles collectors, puzzle restores,and just plain puzzle lovers from all over the United States and beyond come together to discuss how to cook a perfect Thanksgiving dinner. No, that's not right! They talk about wooden puzzles.
    If you are serious about making wooden puzzles for family or profit the parley is brimming with the finest makers in the country who are more than happy to answer the ( how to )questions. A little side note here; a couple of parleys ago I met the owner of Par Puzzles, one of the most distinguished wooden jigsaw puzzle companies in the world,I was thrilled and he was the nicest guy you could meet.
    The grand ballroom of the Hawthrone Hotel will be filled with displays of cutters work, you can go from table to table and see the diverse styles in cutting and you will be amazed at the craftsmanship. You never know what you will come home with, one parley I brought home a small match box that contained a ten piece stamp puzzle, that was made from our friend from this blog, Carter. He made one for everyone, it is one of my most treasured puzzles. There are people from this blog who you have been chatting with for years that you can come meet in person.
    The weekend is filled with speakers that discuss everything from their collections to restoring to the history of puzzles to laser cutting puzzles. There is a Yankee puzzle swap and even time to put together other cutters puzzles. It is an experience you will not soon forget, and you will make friends you will keep forever.
    The Hawthrone Hotel is most accommodating and the food is excellent. Salem is a New England harbor town with lots of local attractions, if you can break yourself away from the parley.
    So take a break,a small vacation and you will become a much stronger puzzle maker from something you learned at the puzzle parley!

I was so hoping to make it this year but travel to the east coast for me from Montana is just not in the cards this year. Perhaps money and health will allow it next time.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I'll be there with my wife....I have only been cutting for 3 years and this year will display some of my humble/novice puzzles .....(compared to the pros who attend).....the atmosphere is wonderful and warm....and people are eager to share about puzzles.....just my 2 cents....

bob
      "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

I have a direct conflict that I can't avoid so I unfortunately will not make the parley. A real bummer.

Bob

Comment

I will be there and will be taking part in the Cutter's Puzzle Swap. I am in the process of completing the 14 puzzles that I will need to take part in the swap. When I have them done I wil post pictures on this message board.

This will be my 3rd Parley, and I expect it to be the best yet.
          Ron
          www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, Dee, but we'll be sitting this one out. Have phun everyone!

Carter

Comment

Good morning Dee,

My wife, Ann Marie and I will be attending the Parley. I am very new to cutting puzzles and can't wait to get some much needed advice. I was looking forward to meeting Carter (he very generously sent me one of his stamp puzzles) but just learned he won't be there this time around.

New England is our favorite summer vacation area so this is a bonus. We are sure to meet some great people and maybe even get a chance to talk about one our favorite fruits HONEY CRISP Apples.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
              Rick
              Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Carter, I hope all is well and you will be surely missed.

Comment

Dee, With being out of work for 5 months i just can not justify the trip this year. I really wanted to meet the person who has the water jet saw. Being an engineer that really interests me. Also, the other puzzle cutters in the Maine area. I wish everyone the best.

dave

Comment

did someone say honey crisps?.....shawn ferguson, who is from way upstate ny, is the resident honey crisp expert......so you and shawn can discuss them to the core..... get it core!.....lol.....shawn is a phenomenal puzzle cutter too.....and last parley had a wonderful table display......

I look forward to meeting you and sharing my limited puzzle cutting knowledge...

bob

Comment

I've never been and this year isn't good for me either, but I look forward to reading all about it and seeing the photos. Enjoy yourselves!

John
                      http://www.puzzlesdelmeeple.com

Comment

does anyone know the size of the table space for displaying puzzles at the parley?

bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                          New PC keyboard has an error
                          by jim_mex
                          Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                          Today, 03:47 PM
                        • jim_mex
                          Reply to Big week here
                          by jim_mex
                          Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                          Today, 03:32 PM
                        • Quartz43
                          Reply to New tools
                          by Quartz43
                          You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                          Today, 03:29 PM
                        • wjbclocks1
                          Reply to Big week here
                          by wjbclocks1
                          Enjoy life, Congrat....
                          Today, 01:30 PM
                        • Jim McDonald
                          Reply to New tools
                          by Jim McDonald
                          Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                          Today, 01:24 PM
                        Working...
                        X