Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's 2 of 'em

Hello again....

On March 12 I started a thread called "Future Puzzles" with photos of five pictures I had mounted and ready to cut into puzzles. I'm please to show you the first two.

"Mocha" turned out to be a really phun puzzle to put together. All the cups at left and right are pieces unto themselves. It's colorful and not too challenging: perhaps good for a family project. Roughly 260 pieces

"CocaCola" is another story. Many of you were intrigued by the picture of this one. My wife hasn't done it yet, but I think it's going to be a toughie. It's 300+ pieces, with each of the many sections forming mini-puzzles. It's hard to see the cuts from the front view. The back view shows them better, except for some very fine cuts around and below the center at left. I wondered why I began to break blades suddenly, and then discovered I was using the 8/0 jewelers blades I use for cutting postage stamp puzzles. I immediately went back to my trustworthy FD Superior Puzzle blades.

And the last photo? That's a current picture of Wendy, now 40 pounds, 6 years old, ultra-soft fur, healthy and the friendliest dog I have ever witnessed, which is amazing considering the amount of terrier and chow she has in her (she has a blue-black tongue). She's the one we "rescued" with a lung infection, heartworm and pregnant.

Phun! Carter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Carter-Johnson; 04-03-2012, 02:28 PM.

Carter, Carter, were do you get the patience to cut all the puzzles.
    Just great like always. Thank you for showing them
    FD Mike
    SD Mike

Comment

Great puzzles, Carter, and wonderful to see that Wendy is doing so well. She must have loving "parents" !
      Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

omg!.....they're fantastic......I love the separate cups....and you are totally out of control on the coke puzzle.....I love them both.....what a cute dog!.....great job...

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Great puzzles You do a very fine job Maybe some day I ll try somwthing like those. Just not sure i ever will have the time. Sands are running down hill faster than i would like . lol

Comment

Carter
            I can't believe that dog is 40 lbs. I think that must be an 'older' picture. As to the puzzles, The coke pic is simply cut great. I remember when you first showed it and I thought it would be a hard cut; however, you worked it wonderfully and it looks like it would be fun, fun, fun. What I like with the koffee kup pic is something that I really value with the color line cutting you promote so well; i.e., from the back there is, I think more often than not, a very clear suggestion of the picture on the front. It seems to me that when I see a color line puzzle and it has that suggestion I just feel like that's the 'right' cut for that puzzle. Anyway, I like them both, mucho, but koffee kup lady has won my heart (today).

John
            I've Got A Lot More To Learn
            About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
            "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Carter; I guess there are more than the head and neck routine, as you have done here to lock the pieces together. I'll keep that in mind when I demo the freehand puzzle cutting at our next club meeting on the 14th of this month. Great job. Don

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X