Dry Mount / Laminating question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Mount / Laminating question

Hi Everyone, I have a non-puzzle question for those who use a dry mount / laminating press. Recently, I made a couple of clipboards using either scrapbook patterned paper or one of my photos. I purchase the blank clipboards at Michaels, then mount and laminate the image, however I find that the laminating isn't hard enough and that if it is used to write on (as clipboards are made to do) the writing is impressioned into the laminate. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the laminate hard enough or is there a specific material I should be using as a laminate? I use Finish Guard laminate and put it in the heat press for about 6-7 minutes @ 225 degrees.
    Any ideas or comments are appreciated!

I have been working with Dry Mount for over 20 years, and I have never found a way to make the surface harder. Most of the time I use the press at 360 degrees, from 10 -15 minutes depending on the thickness of the wood.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

Find someone who does sublimation printing onto Clipboards or silk screening. That is the best way i can think of.

Comment

What about topping it off with some epoxy? They do have that stuff you can buy to put on table tops. I bet you could get one of those $3.00 syringe types and a 3 cent credit card from the store and top it off with that. It 'might' work.

Anyway, that'd be my 3-3-3 plan. (When I figure out the what the other 3 is in there for I'll edit this note).

Oh, oh, get the "3 minute" epoxy - then you're done in 3 (or so) minutes.

John
        I've Got A Lot More To Learn
        About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
        "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
          Reply to New tools
          by Quartz43
          I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
          Today, 03:40 PM
        • hotshot
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by hotshot
          You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
          Today, 02:27 PM
        • RJweb
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by RJweb
          I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
          Today, 01:31 PM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Shrink wrap systems
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
          Today, 11:51 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Sundays market
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
          Today, 11:39 AM
        Working...
        X