Mod Podge Drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Podge Drying

I recently covered a frame puzzle with mod podge and found that it took forever to dry. I know that they recommend that you cover the mod podge with a clear acrylic finish but I never have done that and it seemed to work OK. I would prefer to not add another step if I don't have to but sure don't want a sticky puzzle that will attach itself to paper or anything else when they store it. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Bob

I use a clear acrylic finish over lacquer and it looks great , goes on easy, and drys fast. It is Krylon Triple thick glaze. I get it at Walmart.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Bob, my only experience with ModPodge is with puzzles and my paintings. I have found that you cannot put it on too thick. I do a thin coat and let mine cure for about 24 hours and for my paintings, that is enough. However, for puzzles, I do a minimum of 3 thin coats. I have never had a problem with the Matte finish, but the gloss finish seems to create problems with sticking, so I stay away from the gloss and use strictly matte finish. I know the drying time seems excessive but the finished product is worth it for me.
      Stay thin, my friend.

Bubba
      "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

I agree with Bubba, use thin coats and you can speed up the process with a hair dryer. I also do not use the high gloss any more for the same reason.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like I need to avoid the glossy finish.
          Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X