Puzzle & Color Line Cutting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzle & Color Line Cutting...

I wonder how Carter's puzzle would turn out using his color line cutting technique on an image like this... Puzzlus

One can only wonder or speculate.

I'll speculate.

Given the puzzle has 260 pieces and there are 13 across the one completed edge which accounts for 7 photo puzzle images, we can infer that there are 20 across the longer side with an estimated 10-11 photo puzzle shapes (estimated 70-77 photo shapes). Given Carter's line cutting mantra and one of my favorite finds (Only 64 puzzle pieces, BUT... : Scrolling - Scroll Saws - UKworkshop.co.uk) I'd imagine he might split each photo shape into 3-4 cut pieces putting the puzzle in the 210 - 308 piece count. Of course he might dismiss it as not attractive enough or too obvious.

Here's hoping I haven't offended him or overstepped any bounds.
    Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

I find both examples fun...I was especially interested to see in carters posting on the UK website he actually has his pieces coming together at 4 corners which he is always saying try not to do that...LOL Both are devious puzzles and as he says...PHUN!
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I drool when I look at it. First I would not cut it the way it's depicted. I would cut right along the lines of the squares but might have two or more pieces within each square. Here's one that's cut right on the squares and I have about three others that are somewhat similar to your example, maybe with 100 squares and about 250 pieces.

Great Phun!

Comment

WOW!
          I think I would go blind just cutting that one.
          You must have great eyes.

It's all fun
          Terry
          Craftsman 18"
          Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Now you have my curiosity really up Carter.... What does the reverse side look like?

Comment

Ask and yee shall receive..... Carter

Comment

If you follow the link in my prior post you'll find out that this puzzle took Carter's wife ~5 hrs to put together. I say that makes this 64 piece puzzle extremely devious. I think I might have just flipped all the pieces over and used the grain.

Carter, was this cut from ply or book end pieces glued together. I think I see the reflection line horizontally in the middle. On second observation, maybe I'd just give up. Did your wife have a reference photo at least?
                Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

3-ply Cherry, King. Yes, she did have a small 3" square picture to work from. I always include such a picture with my puzzles. If people don't want to use it, fine, but most people, especially children, use it and like it.

C

Comment

Thanks Carter.... Looks supper.

Comment

Carter, your wife is a jewel for working all of your puzzles. The two of you make a great team.
                      Bob

Comment

Carter,
                        It is pretty amazing that you recognized that the pattern would be really quite easy to cut and yet make a sophisticated and challenging puzzle. Kudos!
                        Joe S.

Comment

If you color line cut the puzzle from puzzlus, it would probably be quite difficult. There are lots of hints in the interlocking tabs as it is now. If you did an exact color line cut tere would be no clues and the puzzle may go together in multiple ways.
                          Joe S.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X