X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PuzzledMoose
    Newly Customized Moose
    • Oct 2006

Been Playing

OK this isn't bragging but I was just practising/experimenting a little after finding a certain picture on one of the boards here.

Who's going to be the first to tell me what it is ..
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788
  • Gill
    Fallen Angel
    Registered User - Level 2
    • Mar 2005

Well, I'm flattered!

Incidentally, they tasted even better than they looked .

I daresay Carter will be along later, rejoicing that there's someone else here who's a talented jigsaw cutter.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

• PuzzledMoose
      Newly Customized Moose
      • Oct 2006

lol Gill

Don't know about the talented - the pic hides a multitude of minor things that went wrong .... and the shapes are pretty odd. Going to have another go at a puzzle later - just after I finished cutting those I got some puzzle blades I'd ordered from Mike at Flying Dutchman in the mail - want to see how much difference they make...

They looked pretty good those sausages tho ..:-) As did your bacon curing ... couldn't find any chutney recipes though ...

I'll post a completed version of it later .. if I manage to get it back together...
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

• Gill
        Fallen Angel
        Registered User - Level 2
        • Mar 2005

Chutney?!?!

Ee bah gum... tha can take the Tyke out of Yorkshire but tha'll ne'er take Yorkshire out of the Tyke .

I love chutney! I've only recently made a batch of piccalilli. It's not sharp and the vegetables aren't crisp like in most other piccalillis. Moreover, the recipe's ever so simple:
        Piccalilli

1 marrow
        2 lb onions
        2 pints malt vinegar
        2 oz dry mustard
        ½ oz turmeric
        3 tbps plain flour
        1 cauliflower
        1 lb sugar
        salt

Cut vegetables up into small pieces. Layer in a bowl covering each layer with salt and leave overnight. Drain well. Bring the vinegar to a boil, stirring in the sugar until dissolved. Add the vegetables and boil for 10 minutes. Mix the mustard, turmeric and flour to a paste with some water and add it to the vegetable mixture. Simmer until thick and pour into sterilized jars.

This works wonderfully with smoked streaky bacon.

If you need more recipes, PM me your email address and I'll send you some.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

• CanadianScroller
          ********* CUT IT OUT
          • Feb 2005

That's Champion Gill, Absolutely Champion!
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to Bad Bad Bad decisions: ShopSmith
            by Rolf
            Unfortunately folks coming into the hobby don't know what they will be making as they progress, so they really depend on recommendations when it comes to saws. If the saw you buy does what you want it to do.

I was and still am blessed with a local club. So I had the opportunity to try...
            Today, 08:06 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Delta 40-650
            by NC Scroller
            Welcome to the forum. It would be best to start a new thread to ask your questions. This thread is 11 years old....
            Today, 06:28 AM
          • NC Scroller
            by NC Scroller
            It is probably a dollars and cents thing. Excalibur probably gave them the best deal. Also I frequent two forums and a number of Facebook scrolling related groups. You would be amazed how often the Dewalt and Excalibur are recommended....
            Today, 06:26 AM
          • Houser
            Reply to Delta 40-650
            by Houser
            I just bought a Delta 40-650. I could really use a little info/help on a few things. The manual is not very helpful. Tia
            Yesterday, 08:24 PM
          • Bill Wilson
            by Bill Wilson
            It would be really interesting if it were not. That would beg the question of who is making it and how does one know the difference?...
            Yesterday, 07:43 AM
          Working...