a couple puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple puzzles

I have settled on a 5 x 7 print size and I have decided to make "tray" puzzles. Hopefully I can perfect this over time. I haven't used MP yet, but after reading the previous thread, I may have to try it out.
    Attached Files

I think those look great!

I like how you have the puzzle displayed.....that's definitely a nice advantage of cutting tray-style.

What thickness did you decide to use for the backboard?
    Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

I never seen that type before. Interesting idea - no sides / straight pieces to look for (since they are already done!). You could do that with all sorts of shapes (for the perimeter).

Comment

Originally posted by Scrolling Days View Post
        I think those look great!

I like how you have the puzzle displayed.....that's definitely a nice advantage of cutting tray-style.

What thickness did you decide to use for the backboard?
        Thanks!
        I use 1/4" for the puzzle and the tray. I mount the picture and trim to size, then I cut the backboard to match, as well as the pattern blank.

Comment

Originally posted by anewscroller View Post
          Thanks!
          I use 1/4" for the puzzle and the tray. I mount the picture and trim to size, then I cut the backboard to match, as well as the pattern blank.
          Have you ever tried stack cutting the backing board with the main puzzle? That's how i usually do my tray styles. By stacking the two, i can cut the outside border so both are exact, and then separate them so the top can then be cut into it's puzzle pieces.

The only bummer about tray puzzles is that you need a pilot hole. Fortunately, i have a very, very tiny bit! . You might have one already, but if not, i would recommend checking out the bits at Mike's Workshop. He sells bits just bigger that the SP puzzle blades, and a chuck to go with them.
          Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Those are some nice puzzles. The 2nd one looks like it is on a thicker base. I think it look quite nice like that and with the display stand it could be set anywhere waiting for the next puzzler! (The wolf pic reminded me of me every time I have to take an aspirin)!

John
            I've Got A Lot More To Learn
            About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
            "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

nice job on the puzzles...i agree with shawn, about using a tiny bit....i also have the one shawn talks about and the hole almost disappears......

bob
              "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X