My first try at puzzle making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first try at puzzle making

Here are few of the puzzle cutting I've tried. The flower is an iris from last summer, the second is a view I have from my sun room, the third is a picture I took when I was station in Berlin, Germany in 1965 of the Brandenburg Gate ( has any of you seen the place?) This was while the wall was still there. It was on the Russian side. Any comments are welcome. I just read the thread about putting Mod Podge on your pic before you cut the puzzle. Too late it's already cut. DonChess Set and jigsaw puzzles 011.jpg
    Attached Files

I guess I got my pic turn around sorry Don

Comment

Nice job!

I love that view from the sunroom, too.....when can I move in?
      Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Nicely done and Mod Podge is not mandatory as you found out.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks ; Mike where do you get Mod Podge. Don

Comment

Nice job. Your lines following the pattern are amazing. I'm getting ready to try a freehand puzzle after all the countless 'you can do it', 'try it', 'color line following' comments that abound here.

Great puzzles. Looks like each piece is about 1" square? Freehand shapes are more unique and allow for more creativity but your classic shapes are just amazing.
            Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Yeah, Don, I echo what others have said. Excellent job! Great pictures, too.

My Recommendation, for what it's worth, is to branch out and try it freehand. You really don't need a pattern. In any event, try to avoid 4 pieces meeting at the same corners. I think a puzzle holds together better when they're not.

Carter

Comment

I'll try that Carter Thanks I was wandering it I had to freehand a pattern or just start cutting. Don

Comment

very nicely done. I have been cutting free hand and my neighbor uses patterns. Both techniques work well. It just depends on what you want to do.
                  Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                  Desert Woodcrafters
                  Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Nice!! Thanks for posting the pictures.
                    DeWalt 788

Comment

great job on your first puzzles....I agree with Shawn...I want to move into the sun room too!.......also try what carter recommended.....free hand cutting is ssoo much fun and you can be really expressive with the puzzle shapes..

bob
                      "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Thanks everyone; After I get my orders done I'll try a puzzle free hand. I'm using the flying dutchman superior puzzle blade is that what most of you use? Don

Comment

same blade and they are fantastic......keep cutting'....

bob
                          "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

I find some people prefer the strip cutting which can still be done freehand. I think that is why they make different makes of cars.
                            Bob

Comment

Very nice! I have not yet managed to escape the pattern

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X