Giant Schnauzer Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Schnauzer Puzzle

I made this for my grandmother for Christmas.
    She loves her giant schnauzer, so it seemed appropriate. :0)
    Attached Files

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.

For your first offering on the forum that is impressive. Kudos on the nice gift.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nice job. It looks like you actually cut the dog image from a separate piece of wood (walnut?). I love the way the grain runs in the direction the fur would go. Very crafty and a very nice puzzle for someone of any age.

Bubba
      "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Thank you!
        You are absolutely correct. The dog and outside border are walnut and the light interior wood is maple.
        I layered the three pieces of 1/4" stock so that the maple would fit flush with the outside border and the interior doggie. :0)

Comment

nice detail...I love the contrasting wood.....good job and keep posting pictures.

bob
          "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Great job!

Comment

I'm a bit baffled, Colonel. It's a beautiful puzzle, but the dog doesn't seem to be cut out all the way round. His forehead and snout are cutouts, but his neck doesn't seem to be. Is my vision getting worse?

Carter

Comment

A great puzzle for your grandmother. She will love the subject and with limited color hints a larger number of pieces would have resulted in a difficult puzzle.
                Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hotshot
                  Reply to Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                  by hotshot
                  I'll go back and try a light emboss, my main intent here was to stand at the other side of the room and watch the pressure gauge from a distance, and see if it would go full force without leaks, so pressing through a 2/4 wasn't really the plan. A pin size leak at 10,000 psi is a very very dangerous...
                  Today, 10:21 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Glad you got repaired and I am intrigued by the embossing idea.
                  Today, 07:27 PM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to Farmers market
                  by RJweb
                  Betty, I see you are working the night shift again, good luck on your next farmers market, RJ...
                  Today, 05:45 PM
                • hotshot
                  Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                  by hotshot
                  So, before I traveled to a larger town to find a place that could help me with my hydraulic hose connection, I took the advice of one of the members here and called around to a few auto-parts stores. The stores I called didn't do that kind of thing, however they directed me to a store here in town that...
                  Today, 05:28 PM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by Rolf
                  The auto darkening helmet is a must have in my opinion, especially for the home hobby welders. if you are a pro and do it all the time maybe not.

Couldn't agree more Rolf. The helmet has been a game changer for me.
                  Today, 08:39 AM
                Working...
                X