Rotary Club auction donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Club auction donation

i was asked to donate to the local rotary club auction, and it was pointed out that “it would be a good way to get my name out there”…so, here’s a lil something that i’m hoping will lead to more business…oh, btw, it’s made from ash, stained & sealed with a natural minwax stain, wiped with natural colored danish oil, and finished off with liquid gold…if i’m doin too much finishing, please let me know?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tagordy; 02-09-2012, 06:57 PM.

Tim,
    Looking good. You are making the kerfs a bit loose you might try a size smaller blade.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice!!
      DeWalt 788

Comment

I've always loved those little bunnies, and yours looks very nice.

Since the one you did is sized for a child, you might consider leaving it natural, or using a totally food safe oil, since those pieces are very likely to be chewed on, and there are issues with toxicity and finishes on toys.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

i hadn’t thought about that miss carole…i will be sure to put in a ‘warnin’ when i do the description note for the auction…thanx for pointin that out

mr. w-n-t, i had thought about usin an FD-UR #3 blade, but thought since it was a hardwood, i’d had better use the bigger/stronger blade (FD-UR #5)? all i have for now are either the FD-URs or the spirals, and i def remember what you’ve told me (twice), about those spirals….i haven’t had any time to practice cuttin with them

thanx for the kind words, and advice

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Linda In Phoenix
            It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
            Today, 06:47 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Plastic puzzle
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
            Today, 06:38 PM
          • Jim Finn
            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
            by Jim Finn
            The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
            Today, 04:48 PM
          • MidMich324
            Reply to Plastic puzzle
            by MidMich324
            Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
            Today, 03:57 PM
          • RJweb
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by RJweb
            As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
            Today, 03:42 PM
          Working...
          X