First Try at a Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Try at a Puzzle

I have been scrolling for about 3 months now. I have mainly been cutting out names and some small stuff. This is my first attempt at making something like this. This is the pattern that was in the magazine. My wife seen it and wanted me to cut it out of oak or hickory but I used a pine board for my first try. 3 of the letters have been stained. I am very slow at this but I am learning. Thanks to all the tips here has got me a long ways. I know it is not perfect but my first attempt. It took about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cut. Should it take take that long?
    Attached Files

Sweeeet cut MF, your speed will improve with practice, for now just concentrate, and have fun. Sign and date your projects, and thanks for sharing it with us, love the two tone wood choice. We love project photos around here.........Welcome
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Nicely done.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice. I am still very new to scolling, so I am seeing something new virtualy every day, who'd have thought you could make a recognisable Palmino(is it?) from a word.
        The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Nicely done, and great colors.

It's all fun
          Terry
          Craftsman 18"
          Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Thanks, It just seems like it takes me a long time to cut things out. But I run my saw pertty slow and take my time. If I run the saw to fast I have a hard time staying on the lines. Sunlion my wife has a quarter horse that is a paint. He is brown and white. Close to a Palmino.

Comment

Speed is not important. Very nicely done.
              Bob

Comment

Ah a Paint, yes I have heard of those. thanks MFarley.
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

very nicely done for your first puzzle...i cut at what speed feels comfortable for me, sometimes slow, sometimes fast depending on what i'm cutting and how intricate it is ...who cares how long it takes....it's hand crafted and thats whats important.

bob
                  "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Originally posted by MFarley View Post
                    It took about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cut. Should it take take that long?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                      Reply to New tools
                      by jim_mex
                      Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                      Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                    • Hobbyhorse
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Hobbyhorse
                      Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                      Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                    • Hobbyhorse
                      Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                      by Hobbyhorse
                      Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                      Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                    • KarlB
                      Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                      by KarlB
                      Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                      Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                    • KarlB
                      Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                      by KarlB
                      Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                      Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                    Working...
                    X