red tail hawk...another hand-painted puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red tail hawk...another hand-painted puzzle

This is another of my hand-painted puzzles in progress...a red tail hawk. I have trouble with sky's, especially clouds. I re-painted the sun, too, 5 different times, until I was satisfied. I'm still not completely satisfied but I'll take it. Anyway, this one is ready for the first coat of Mod Podge. After I do that I think I am going to my shop to cut my hand-painted great horned owl that I posted about a week or so ago...still hadn't found time to cut it until today.
    Thanks for looking. I'll post pictures of both puzzles after they are cut.
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Nicely done....As WD would say. Sweeeeeet.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice painting Bubba! I like it just how you have it. Your sun, sky and clouds have a special flair!
      -- Rick --

Comment

Looks super. Did you paint directly on the wood or some other material? Will you post the finished puzzle?

Comment

Super painting, Bubba! Wish I could paint like that. I would love to cut puzzles from original painting on wood.
          Ron
          www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Originally posted by oldvaxguy View Post
            Looks super. Did you paint directly on the wood or some other material? Will you post the finished puzzle?
            I glued my paper to the wood, then painted the picture. I do it both ways, though, painting directly on wood I mean. I just like doing it different ways.
            Yes, I will post the finished puzzle. I already have the first coat of Mod Podge drying.
            Thanks for the comments and compliments.
            "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

To heck with the sun. The bird is great.
              Bob

Comment

Another nice painting bubbantenn, well done. I used to draw/draft a lot of my work striaght to wood on my Pyro work, I just found it easier than having to use transfer paper.

Doing hybrid Pyro and Scroll work I am experimenting with pattern creation atm so will probably have to use both methods of direct drawing on the wood for the pyro part and paper for the cuts.

Anyhow, nice work,
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X