Phootsies Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phootsies Photo

This is wife, middle daughter and granddaughter. The photo was granddaughter's idea. When I saw the photo I knew I had to make it into a puzzle. It was about 10 hours cutting. I ran through a little over a dozen scroll saw blades and it was a little more difficult to cut than I anticipated. I don't know why exactly - maybe because I was actually free hand cutting on the 'color line' and I was trying especially hard not to screw it up. It was due on Christmas and thus, it's a little bit late; but only fashionably late. I had the photo turned into a poster at Walgreens (which they do for an affordable price and all online) and it is glued onto 1/4 inch Baltic birch plywood. It is 14 x 18.

I put their names on their pant legs; I put the year in as a figural and I put the dragonfly in as tribute to my sister. (Interestingly, I saw 3 faces of people on the rocks as I was cutting. No one I knew, that's for sure, but some of the rocks looked like they had faces on them. That amazed me).

I liked this picture because it is 3 generations of women who are important to me; I loved the creativity by granddaughter in coming up with the idea of all three women (okay, one is a little girl) having their phootsies photo'd; and I hope by putting it into a puzzle that will help keep it around and keep it as a conversation piece maybe long enough for granddaughter to be the grandmother and explaining the picture to her granddaughter.

John
    Attached Files
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

That is so cool. Wonderful job and thanks for sharing.

George

Comment

That is so cute and destined to become a family keepsake for sure.
      Your little granddaughter sure had a good idea.

Comment

nice job...i especially like the names or initials?....on the pants legs.....great job and wonderful idea...you really "nailed" that one.....i just couldn't resist....

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Fantastic job, John! I love the photo, and the associated name figurals as well.
          Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Absolutely charming and original! This will certainly become a family treasure. Thanks for sharing.
            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Nicely done!
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Certainly a unique and clever keepsake.
                Bob

Comment

That's not just a puzzle, it's an heirloom. Good show! Thanks!

Carter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
                    Ornament Exchange
                    by daveswoodworking
                    I have the Ornament and Secret Santa Exchange up and ready for everyone that what’s to join this year you have until nov. to sign up this year thank you all that joins up this year
                    Today, 08:12 PM
                  • sawdustus
                    Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
                    by sawdustus
                    Thanks for the info Denny. When I cut acrylic I always use a skip tooth blade at a slower speed. I just did not realize that the epoxy would cut the same way as acrylic so I followed the materials list in the article.
                    George
                    Today, 12:39 PM
                  • sawdustus
                    Reply to tooth fairy box
                    by sawdustus
                    OK folks, picture. I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here is one each of my version of the oak and cherry boxes. Note the axle peg holding the top in place but allowing it to move.
                    George
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Today, 12:34 PM
                  • sawdustus
                    Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
                    by sawdustus
                    OK folks, picture....I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here are a few of the autumn leaves I cut against the beautiful blue sky we had this morning.
                    George
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Today, 12:32 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to What do you make
                    by will8989
                    Now the work really begins. Total of 14! Guess I forgot about some I previously cut....
                    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
                  Working...
                  X