Long Snake puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Snake puzzle

After completing and turning in the Snake Puzzle article for the spring issue I decided to take the puzzle to the next step and do a long puzzle out of dowel rods. You can flatten the bottom of a dowel just a bit and shape the snake head and tail just like you do in the article but then you have to free hand cut the puzzle. This one here was made out of 3 3' dowels and is over 7.5' long.

Arthur
    Scrolling and Carving in Oregon
    Attached Files

i like it......i think a bit of "snake color" would help the assemblers......nice job..

bob
    "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Bob, this one isn't coming apart by me. I have donated it to a class at my son't old high school that helped me test my article last spring. This one has about 150 pieces to it. It does have a nice grain pattern to it. I have started painting some of the puzzles.

Arthur

Comment

A nice gift that they will enjoy.
        Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
          Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
          by Gary beasley
          Cutting a straight line I get it started then plant my thumb at the side of the piece and use that to stabilize the cutting path, a bit like the pin you would use on a bandsaw when resawing old style.
          Today, 02:34 PM
        • will8989
          Wood supply
          by will8989
          We went to Groff & Groff yesterday. Purple Heart wood is stuck on a boat somewhere. They said imported exotic and hardwoods are stuck on boats. So if you see a wood you need, grab it while you can.
          Today, 09:58 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to My beauties
          by will8989
          He has 4 of the long ones, but we have other sizes that he uses for clamping up his cheese board slicers, another good seller. They go for $35, left over wood from dough board. On late shift yesterday because I took a 2 hour nap around 7. Off to the saw! I have 8 days of shows in 2 weekends! And one...
          Today, 09:49 AM
        • RJweb
          Reply to My beauties
          by RJweb
          The boards and baskets are beautiful, but maybe buy Bruce some more clamps, also I see you are on the night shift again, RJ...
          Today, 09:28 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to My beauties
          by will8989
          What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
          Today, 01:20 AM
        Working...
        X