snow flake puzzle...whewwwww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow flake puzzle...whewwwww

This is the puzzle I cut from the pattern I found on the home page. I believe it says William-Waite is the designer. I didn't follow the instructions exactly. I didn't stack cut...just cut one puzzle, a frame, and a tray, from two pieces of 1/4 inch plywood. I liked it so much I quickly cut another one. LOL I burned this one to hide the cut lines but I think I may try painting the other one.
    I also mistakenly left a knot in my frame when I thought I had carefully positioned my pattern to miss it. Oh well, that's how I learn. I'll pay more attention next time.
    If I paint the other one I'll post a picture when I get it finished.
    This was very easy and fun to cut and is going to drive someone crazy after they open it on Christmas day. LOL
    All suggestions and comments welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bubbantenn; 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

pieces removed

Here is what it looks like with the pieces removed. The center piece is glued in place to limit the number of solutions to 161. Without it the number of possibilities is more than I care to contemplate.
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Nicely done.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

My nephew, (who used to give me a run for my money playing chess, at 5 years old), is getting this for Christmas...un assembled, of course...hehehe

Great stuff Bubba...
        How did you mark the octagons within the pieces. I'm thinking of using my wood burner.....
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

great job.....now, putting that puzzle together would give me a headache!...lol....

bob
          "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Originally posted by JimSawyer View Post
            How did you mark the octagons within the pieces.
            Those octagons are hexagons!
            Ron
            www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Beautiful job Bubba. I have also cut the turtle teaser and grabbed a snowflake copy and will try to get it done before Hanukkah is over.

george
              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Great job. It should give your nephew a challenge.
                Bob

Comment

Bubba you did a great job with it. I like the burned lines better than what I did I made mine a bit too thin. I think the wider lines will make it even more challenging to put together.
                  When I did the test cut I did it with contrasting wood. There are lots of neat things you can do with this William Waite design.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That looks really great. Where is the pattern again?

Comment

Originally posted by JimSawyer View Post
                      My nephew, (who used to give me a run for my money playing chess, at 5 years old), is getting this for Christmas...un assembled, of course...hehehe

Great stuff Bubba...
                      How did you mark the octagons within the pieces. I'm thinking of using my wood burner.....
                      Jim, that's exactly what I did. Carefully drew my lines in pencil then burned them in, even the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by turtleteasers View Post
                        Those octagons are hexagons!
                        LOL Sorry Ron

Comment

Originally posted by oldvaxguy View Post
                          That looks really great. Where is the pattern again?
                          I found it on the home page, the page you go to when you come to the site. CLick on the picture to the right and you'll see the article and pattern.

Rolf's right...there are so many interesting things you can do with this pattern.

Comment

My head hurts, but it is a super puzzle.
                            Floyd

Harrison Arkansas

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                              by will8989
                              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                              Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by will8989
                              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                              Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Sundays market
                              by will8989
                              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                              Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                            Working...
                            X