Pop...oops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop...oops

I was scrolling along on my 2nd puzzle when all of a sudden there was a pop and obvious paper vibration from the wood. Didn't see anything in the instructions about recovering from poor glueing(lol). Well, nothing tore and was able to finished that piece. Then, I was able to put contact cement on xacto blade, slide it between paper & wood, and it pressed flat. No wrinkle. Yaahoo!

I thought that I had glue everywhere on the board and worked and worked to get any bubbles out. But, none-the-less, I somehow left bad spot. I had even gone and bought Aileene's tacky glue to be sure I was doing right. I think I will have to seriously investigate that glue machine that Rolf mentioned in a glue thread.

Is this common or is there someway to get good coat of glue and squeegee pic without damaging it?

Thanks,
    Regis
    Last edited by RegisG; 12-16-2011, 04:40 PM.
    An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Please don't get discouraged. I go back on forth spreading the glue onto the wood with a 4 or 6 inch scraper until I'm pretty sure it's a smooth, even coat. Then, with small circular motions I adhere the picture slowly from one corner to its opposite. Even so I'll have a few bubbles, but I smooth them out and the thick coat of glaze I then spray usually makes them invisible in the pieces.

Gt a machine if you want, but make sure it will be worth the price.

Carter

Comment

do you put just a thin coat of glue? I put it on pretty heavy and not sure that is correct. A lot squeezes out the sides as I press the picture.

Comment

After trying a bunch of the liquid and spray glues, I started using Heat N Bond. It's an iron-on adhesive that I found at the fabric store. It does have the occasional bubble like the liquid, but I find the paper lifts less and there is no real "cure" time. It might be an inexpensive alternative to a pricey dry mount machine.

Comment

I do what carter does with a small squeegee tool.....to spread the Aileen's glue....after I attach the image, I take a piece of wax paper and lay it over the print, so as not to scratch the print (i almost always use my own images printed on hp photo paper)......then use my hand to,press down the print...

i then take a hard rubber roller and roll it over the print to get all the air bubbles out then cover with weights to let dry.....after a couple of hours i remove the weights and wax paper and spray with krylon triple thick glaze spray....using this method I rarely get a dry spot.....

if you have glue oozing out the sides you definitely have way to much glue on the board...if you don,t have a small squeegee tool, like you would use to spread bondo on a car, then you could use those phony credit card thingees you get in the mail.....

hope this helps

bob

bob
          "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Originally posted by avapilot View Post
            .................................................. ..............
            ....................... if you have glue oozing out the sides you definitely have way to much glue on the board...if you don,t have a small squeegee tool, like you would use to spread bondo on a car, then you could use those phony credit card thingees you get in the mail.....

hope this helps

bob

bob
            Yep, I have plenty of glue comming out every side and pic slides around a bit until I get much of it squeezed out. I'll work on your technique some more before trying more expensive steps.

GrnEydLdy,
            I'll definately try that before stepping up to a machine.

Thank you all for tips and encouragement.

Regis

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by will8989
              This market is run a little different than most. All monies collected go back into the market. Each month they put on a different event to draw in people. The budget is usually $600 in the busy months. The pavilion is well maintained with sides that pull down in the colder months. The only time Sunday...
              Today, 01:41 AM
            • cwmagee
              Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
              by cwmagee
              A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
              Yesterday, 07:28 PM
            • Rolf
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Rolf
              Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
              That is...
              Yesterday, 08:15 AM
            • Jimern
              by Jimern
              The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
              Yesterday, 06:29 AM
            • will8989
              by will8989
              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
              10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
            Working...
            X