About to cut my first photo puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to cut my first photo puzzle

I am ready to cut my first photo puzzle, I have the photo on the wood, blank with pattern on top and both pieces wrapped with packing tape. Is there a particular way one should make the cuts of the pieces or does one just start at one corner and work their way across the pattern? All suggestions appreciated and Happy Holidays to All!

Good luck, and the only suggestion I would make is........don't cut through the eyeballs, or face for that matter. Something creepy about that in my opinion. Please do post a photo when you are done with your project.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Just start at one corner and go across. I agree don't cut through an eye or a face if you can help it. In the future try and just freehand--- no pattern over the picture. You may find it a little intimidating at first but after a few times you will like the freedom it allows you to color line cut etc.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

In the case of this photo I don't really have a choice, but then, it is only a practice run. The photo is a 5x7 of my greatgranddaughter as a Christmas ornament being held by Santa's Hand. I will take your advice on the next one. I assume you use two identical photos, one one the product wood and one to make the cuts.

Comment

I don't use 2 pics because I don't use a pattern to follow for cutting the lines.
          "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

So, I assume you just put the photo on the wood, seal it and cut as you desire with a puzzle blade?

Comment

Precisely. Depending on the photo quality I don't seal all of them. Glossy prints do not need to be sealed. Those that I print off on my printer of course they need to be sealed, unless they are meant to be a black and white sheet that will be a coloring puzzle for kids.

Have you looked at carters tutorial?

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/scr...zles/35538.htm
              "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I just printed it out and will read it while still hot off the printer. Thanks a million.

Comment

You are very welcome......Have fun and share some pics of your first puzzle!
                  "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                    by Rolf
                    Like Linda said you guy make a great team. The end result really looks great.
                    Today, 07:37 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by will8989
                    Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                    Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                    Yesterday, 10:57 AM
                  • Quartz43
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Quartz43
                    I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                    Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by NC Scroller
                    I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                    Yesterday, 06:36 AM
                  • hotshot
                    Reply to Demo display
                    by hotshot
                    The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                    07-26-2021, 10:58 PM
                  Working...
                  X