Two sided puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two sided puzzle

Has anyone ever tried to cut a two sided jigsaw puzzle? By that I mean a puzzle of something like a coin or a dollar bill that has an image on each side. I know that lining the two sides up would be a challenge. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or has any thoughts on it this.

Ray F

I'm gona try that. It would drive my sister wacky. muhahhahaha
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

here. On these the placement isn't as critical since there is usually either a border defining the edge, or enough "white space" around the perimeter that it doesn't matter as long as you're close.
      Bruce
      . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
      visit sometime
      Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

I'd be concerned about the backside of the puzzle; normally I get "fuzzies" that need to be sanded down. With an image on both sides, I wouldn't be able to do that. Any solutions?

John
        http://www.puzzlesdelmeeple.com

Comment

Since I'm a pretty strict color-line cutter, two-sided wouldn't work. BUT....... a few years ago I cut a number of two-sided puzzles from fake paper money I bought at a novelty shop. They were a big hit.

John, if you're using really good and sharp blades, fuzzies aren't enuf of a problem to worry about. I just sort of rubbed them off by flapping a damp sponge on the completed puzzle, front and back, as I always do,

Phun..... Carter

Comment

I copied 20's ,50's, and 100 dollar bills and made them double sided. I used 1/4 in. birch ply. the bills are just a little off the orignal size because the printer would not let you print the exact size, (except the $100 bill). Because the pieces are small the paper may peel a little. I carefully reglued it with a paper glue that won't show though. I coated both sides with 4-5 coats of semi gloss acrylic clear.
            I made my own design for the $20, but used Steve Good's $1 bill puzzle design for the others.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done determined..
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I have two favorites, Darwin and Michelangelo's god, or Rip Van Winkle leaving and coming home. Reverse tooth blades do a great job.
                Joe S.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                  Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
                  by Quartz43
                  Perhaps, we could hear from Fox. Maybe they could try some things and see if it makes things better. Or, they can just keep doing the things the same way.
                  Yesterday, 09:54 PM
                • markdavd
                  by markdavd
                  This is a case were the publisher can't win.

I personally like the patterns to be printed at the artist's intended size if at all possible. Let me decide to reduce or enlarge. If I don't have the equipment to make a copy at 100%, that's my problem not the publishers. We all have our own...
                  Yesterday, 06:13 PM
                • keystonecop
                  by keystonecop
                  The original pattern was 7 1/2 x 13 1/4.. The book has no mention of resizing on all but one page. My guess the magazine and the book side of fox has no one who scrolls.. the last books have shown that. enlarged I had to use a #1 blade for many cuts. If I had just copied the pattern in its silver...
                  Yesterday, 12:09 PM
                • will8989
                  by will8989
                  I think he is talking about the size of the patterns lately and extra steps needed to copy and resize them. It took me an hour to copy the fish from the latest issue with all the folding, cutting to match, tape, repeat. If it had been letter or legal size, I could have copied and resize with less hassle....
                  Yesterday, 11:55 AM
                • millwab
                  Reply to Peanuts #1
                  by millwab
                  IDK? I remember that Ben sold Pegas blades, but the label on this package just says "Ben's Blades, Ultra Thin Puzzle Blade". When Denny started selling Pegas blades I asked him and he told me Pegas doesn't sell a specific "puzzle" blade. The 2/0 might be their answer....
                  Yesterday, 11:29 AM
                Working...
                X