Two sided puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two sided puzzle

Has anyone ever tried to cut a two sided jigsaw puzzle? By that I mean a puzzle of something like a coin or a dollar bill that has an image on each side. I know that lining the two sides up would be a challenge. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or has any thoughts on it this.

Ray F

I'm gona try that. It would drive my sister wacky. muhahhahaha
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

here. On these the placement isn't as critical since there is usually either a border defining the edge, or enough "white space" around the perimeter that it doesn't matter as long as you're close.
      Bruce
      . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
      visit sometime
      Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

I'd be concerned about the backside of the puzzle; normally I get "fuzzies" that need to be sanded down. With an image on both sides, I wouldn't be able to do that. Any solutions?

John
        http://www.puzzlesdelmeeple.com

Comment

Since I'm a pretty strict color-line cutter, two-sided wouldn't work. BUT....... a few years ago I cut a number of two-sided puzzles from fake paper money I bought at a novelty shop. They were a big hit.

John, if you're using really good and sharp blades, fuzzies aren't enuf of a problem to worry about. I just sort of rubbed them off by flapping a damp sponge on the completed puzzle, front and back, as I always do,

Phun..... Carter

Comment

I copied 20's ,50's, and 100 dollar bills and made them double sided. I used 1/4 in. birch ply. the bills are just a little off the orignal size because the printer would not let you print the exact size, (except the $100 bill). Because the pieces are small the paper may peel a little. I carefully reglued it with a paper glue that won't show though. I coated both sides with 4-5 coats of semi gloss acrylic clear.
            I made my own design for the $20, but used Steve Good's $1 bill puzzle design for the others.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done determined..
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I have two favorites, Darwin and Michelangelo's god, or Rip Van Winkle leaving and coming home. Reverse tooth blades do a great job.
                Joe S.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X