Snowmen Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowmen Puzzle

I have never cut puzzles before, but I thought that the snowmen puzzle form Lou Paparo would make a great Christmas gift for my niece. I used the painting guide that was provided here on the forum.

Here is my version of the three layer Snowmen Puzzle:
    Attached Files
    www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Tango, Very nice! I hope to cut that puzzle sometime as I'm sure kids well like it.Lance

Comment

Wow Donna, after seeing that, it makes me want to make that puzzle, and even makes me want to try painting, and I'm not much of a painter! It looks great.
      PS: Did you ever find the cabin pattern you were looking for a while back?
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Tango, Just went to your web site.Like it alot! Keep up the good work. Lance

Comment

Very cute pattern and lovely workmanship!
          DeWalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by fireglass View Post
            Tango, Very nice! I hope to cut that puzzle sometime as I'm sure kids well like it.Lance
            Thanks Lance - I sure hope my niece likes it. The puzzle can be cut with less pieces to make it easier to assemble. My niece is seven, so I cut out the additional pieces. Before it was painted, I had a difficult time assembling it. So I carefully cut a few pieces and put them back into the frame

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller View Post
              Wow Donna, after seeing that, it makes me want to make that puzzle, and even makes me want to try painting, and I'm not much of a painter! It looks great.
              PS: Did you ever find the cabin pattern you were looking for a while back?
              Dale - I'm also not much of a painter. I have taken a few classes at the Midwest Trade show, which have helped me learn a few techniques. I have also watched some painting demos on TV. However I did discover that I can copy fairly well. The painting ideas came from Lou's wife, who was nice enough to share on this web site. I just tried to duplicate the painting. If I didn't like the results, I just sanded it off & tried again.

Yes I did find the cabin pattern that you recommended. I also found a deer pattern. I modified them & came up with a pattern that was just approved by my Mom's friend. Last Friday night, I went on a little road trip to buy the wood. Now the fun starts - I get to do some cutting

Comment

Originally posted by fireglass View Post
                Tango, Just went to your web site.Like it alot! Keep up the good work. Lance
                Thanks Lance - I never created a web site before, so this site has been a work in progress. I wanted something that I could expand when needed. I actually wanted to create a website from scratch, but I didn't know where to start. So I went with a web page provider and used their tool to start building from a blank page. I did not use their sample websites. That would have just been too easy

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
                  Very cute pattern and lovely workmanship!
                  Sally - Thanks for the kind words. I did have fun cutting and painting this puzzle.

Comment

Donna
                    That is one fine puzzle. As was previously stated: I wanna do that one, now, too! You made it sound 'not difficult' and the painting is great!

Merry Christmas!
                    John
                    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Sweeeeet project Tango, I love making those layer puzzles, but I'm not a painter. You certainly are multi-talented. One fine job by you, and being your first it's even sweeeeeter.
                      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

[QUOTE=Powakee;383873]Donna
                        That is one fine puzzle. As was previously stated: I wanna do that one, now, too! You made it sound 'not difficult' and the painting is great!

Thanks John - the puzzle cutting was easy. The painting was a little time consuming, but it was a fun challenge.
                        Merry Christmas
                        Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
                          Sweeeeet project Tango, I love making those layer puzzles, but I'm not a painter. You certainly are multi-talented. One fine job by you, and being your first it's even sweeeeeter.
                          Thanks WD - I'm glad that I can fake being a painter. I have always been good at coping things

Comment

What a neat gift for a niece. I am sure it will be a hit.
                            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coltharp View Post
                              What a neat gift for a niece. I am sure it will be a hit.
                              Bob
                              Thanks Bob - I hope my niece will like it. I will find out in 18 more days

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Farmers market "survey"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                                Today, 09:57 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                                I like the fact...
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X